Watashitachi wa Moto Joshi desu - Ch. 10

Power Uploader
I knew this chapter would rile people up :nyoron:

Anyway, take it with a grain of salt, because it's fiction and also the fact that Rinko actually had the body of a girl before changes a lot of things. Like, before the disorder, Rinko could envision having a child herself. Not anymore. But as a man it could still be possible. So Rinko has to think hard about it before rushing into hormone therapy and gender affirming surgery.

Anyway, I take this manga more as a "what if" than hard facts and truths about trans men/women. It's "scifi" from the start.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... My suspension of disbelief was broken. In this world people can magically change their gender overnight, but the way to "get back to their original gender" is entirely based on IRL. This doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the chapter!

Edit: My problem is the instantaneity. The "Sex Change Disorder" is instantaneous while the treatment is based in IRL. It would be more believable to me if the "Sex Change Disorder" was something gradual where changes happen over time.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
Yeah... My suspension of disbelief was broken. In this world people can magically change their gender overnight, but the way to get back to their original gender is entirely based on IRL. This doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the chapter!
Well, that some people would randomly change gender because of some accident, doesn't keep actual trans people (and the surgical know-how) from existing, does it?

The premise is that the "Sex Change Disorder" is a thing and it's irreversible. It's been stated from chapter 1.

Group Leader
Yup, understand the mother's position and the desire to not rush it, even tho any hrt would start with hormone blocking for quite some time before actually taking harder meds

JUST TAKE THE GIRL TO A DAMM PSYCHIATRIST AND LET SOMEONE COMPETENT HANDLE IT.

Gender dysphoria is a bitch, hope she sorts everything out

Dex-chan lover
Oh thank goodness she's not another anime drama-parents.

They should start hormones asap before further changes take place. Would help mitigate thr dysphoria
Would the dysphoria still kicks in despite her being a former woman?

Yeah... My suspension of disbelief was broken. In this world people can magically change their gender overnight, but the way to "get back to their original gender" is entirely based on IRL. This doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the chapter!
We still have no clue why nor how this happen, and whether if this switch can happen several times or one time only.

Dex-chan lover
I love how I just read this manga with one braincell and then go to comments to explain to me how author describe gender issues since I'm too disconnected from this just to see more drama here than I think there is in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get the logic. Why wouldn't she want to do the surgery for herself? Did the girl always had some form of dysmorphia and is struggling with the concept of changing sex? Or is she also afraid of the whole surgery and hormonal therapy since it can be very invasive?

Users who are viewing this thread