Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Oji-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - School Festival Arc part 2

Dex-chan lover
They have drag queens in Japan too and for decades at that. You can see them even more when they portrait the 80's because that's when they were the most popular. Japan is not a theme park on a different planet,every country has drag queens and especially transgender people even Muslim countries. Even my mom knew of them when she was little.
What you call "Japanese drag queens" is a so-called "okama" archetype, a parodic portrayal of stereotypical gay men in Japanese culture. Also, I can guess why you mentioned transgender people, but I’ll pretend that I didn’t hear it.

Aggregator gang
What you call "Japanese drag queens" is a so-called "okama" archetype, a parodic portrayal of stereotypical gay men in Japanese culture. Also, I can guess why you mentioned transgender people, but I’ll pretend that I didn’t hear it.
"Okama" is a generic term that Japan trows at any male they deem not to be straight. It's also not a nice term and not appreciated by the community. The gay community itself actually has devisions and they do have drag queens which is also not the same as josou which is crossdressing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"Okama" is a generic term that Japan trows at any male they deem not to be straight. It's also not a nice term and not appreciated by the community. The gay community itself actually has devisions and they do have drag queens which is also not the same as josou which is crossdressing.
Far from it. This term is directly associated with certain homophobic stereotypes that portray gay men as quirky transvestites. Which is historically related to the peculiarities of Japanese gender roles, but has nothing to do with Western drag queens, not to mention the fact that such a comparison in general would be extremely offensive.

The Japanese gay community does have men who are into Western drag queen culture just like in any other country, but this has nothing to do with my comment because I was comparing the development of crossdressing culture in Japan and the West historically. You were the one who tried to bring queer people here and start a political argument.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Gender swap... Author of the play... Someone that's not in the original game?
The mother is definitely sus....
I wonder if the mother is also someone from Earth....
:questionblob: :questionblob:
I find it more likely that her mom is a stand in for the author / whatever entity that isekai´d the MC.
:thonk:

Dex-chan lover
I find it more likely that her mom is a stand in for the author / whatever entity that isekai´d the MC.
:thonk:
Yeah, I was thinking something like that. Maybe something like Weebtoon Character Kang Nim. Either the author is a god/goddess that wants "better ending" or just messing around.

Double-page supporter
So.
The missus was a cosplayer.
This chapter is filled with shocking revelations!

Users who are viewing this thread