Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 16 Ch. 66 - The Seed Passed Down

Tju

Dex-chan lover
what the fuck is even the goal here?
they want to instigate a diplomatic break between the northern church and Upsala. but for what gain? making sure that Capua does not get northern technology, because Upsala may get destroyed worst case? but they want to get marbles, which they can only get from Capua? I doubt Aura will be happy about the weaking/destruction of their northern partner.
they are hoping for trade, but they are aware that this may cause a war between north and south AND they know the south is less technologically advanced.
they are gambling the peace of several countries for what? faint hopes of also getting a northern trade route? they could have just send a ship north in hopes of achieving trade that way... (and if your ship technology is lacking then just spend money on research).
this all seems like dice rolling veiled as diplomatic chess play.

Supporter
they want to instigate a diplomatic break between the northern church and Upsala. but for what gain? making sure that Capua does not get northern technology, because Upsala may get destroyed worst case? but they want to get marbles, which they can only get from Capua? I doubt Aura will be happy about the weaking/destruction of their northern partner.
they are hoping for trade, but they are aware that this may cause a war between north and south AND they know the south is less technologically advanced.
they are gambling the peace of several countries for what? faint hopes of also getting a northern trade route? they could have just send a ship north in hopes of achieving trade that way... (and if your ship technology is lacking then just spend money on research).
They want a diplomatic break so that in case the church instigated an invasion to the southern continent, they can have the Upsaala kingdom backing the southern kingdoms instead of the church.

Nowhere in their explanation have they shown to be antagonistic to the Capua kingdom, so I don't know where you get that idea.

The whole thing about allying with the Upsaala kingdom is to make it harder for Capua Kingdom to fall to any northern invaders.

They also wants a lot of marbles so they can mass produce magical tools with which they can provide to Capua Kingdom to fight off the invaders.

They also can't just send a ship north, because they repeatedly said that they are landlocked.

Dex-chan lover
I refuse to fucking believe that Lucrezia actually fell in love with Zenjirou. There was never a development like with Freya where she fell for him because of his character and how he treated her as an equal. Jfc I really hope she doesn't become a concubine.

She does eventually I think, be a concubine for political reason.. about feelings, don't really know myself if they develop from her side or not... MC is always Aura focused tho.

Group Leader
So basically the Twin Kingdoms somehow know that the northern church is going to invade south? This definitely wasn't something I expected.
Most likely they're speaking from experience and political point of view. And it's not just the Church, what they mean is countries in North continent in general since they're more technologically advanced than the south. They're hoping by making power inbalance in Upsara kingdom and the church, the North wouldn't be united in the goal of invasion, with the best case scenario is that they choose to trade instead of invading.

Also, it seem they aren't expecting the invasion to happen that quickly, they might also be preparing protrction for the next generation in case the invasion happen in the future where their reign end, for their country.

Dex-chan lover
If they use Capua as a bridge, it would tie them into the deal, and reduce that problem for her position. But it could also be a case of presenting a troublesome deal at first, then offer a somewhat better deal, to make the latter be accepted.

"Special feelings... I see."
Her expression is great.

She's got such a poker face, that Lucrezia.

She sees no problem in advising a rival. There are several interpretations to that.

Whatever her underlying reasons are, I don't think she's particularly malicious. Selfish, maybe, but not malicious. The ones controlling her, on the other hand...

They're very upfront about their plans about preventing a war on their continent. Though they might be underestimating the difficulty of waging a war on the other side of an ocean. If either side starts a war on the other side, they'd be at a significant disadvantage.

I refuse to fucking believe that Lucrezia actually fell in love with Zenjirou. There was never a development like with Freya where she fell for him because of his character and how he treated her as an equal. Jfc I really hope she doesn't become a concubine.
She's a bit shallow, though, so it makes sense to me.

They are from the north, so they should know how the church works, or at least used to.
Yeah, they mentioned that at least some of their knowledge is old, even if their current understanding is mostly conjecture.

Dex-chan lover
You know, at first I didn't quite understand why I liked the politic-ing as I find it boring in every other work besides this one, but then it clicked, it's not only well written, but what carries this is the interesting and well developed characters which feel like people with goals and their own lives.
So many other works just make them plot devices and that's all, this, makes all the difference.

They want as many allies as possible and giving Upasala the magic tools make it fait Accompli.

Dex-chan lover
They want a diplomatic break so that in case the church instigated an invasion to the southern continent, they can have the Upsaala kingdom backing the southern kingdoms instead of the church.

Nowhere in their explanation have they shown to be antagonistic to the Capua kingdom, so I don't know where you get that idea.

The whole thing about allying with the Upsaala kingdom is to make it harder for Capua Kingdom to fall to any northern invaders.

They also wants a lot of marbles so they can mass produce magical tools with which they can provide to Capua Kingdom to fight off the invaders.

They also can't just send a ship north, because they repeatedly said that they are landlocked.
Let's just say stephen's explanation is part of the reason the other is that you don't know the background behind all of that political movement and you're right now throwing stuff around going in the wrong direction and being angry and offended for the wrong reasons. Some hints: The Sharrow and Jillbell royal families are blonde despite all people in the southern continent having dark skin and hair. They have a heirloom magic tool passed down centuries in the royal family that pretty much is specific for ocean travel despite being landlocked and just gave it away to the Upsalans. They don't want 'The Church' near them no matter what. Those are hints already shown on the manga, further info would touch into raw manga and LN spoilers.
You don't want The Church relationship to magic and it being involved in the Southern Continent where magic and lineage magic is prevalent, or any country that uses magic for that matter

Last edited:
Aggregator gang

Twin Kingdoms most likely want to stand on similar power level with the church and they doing so by try to allying themselves with Capua and Upsala, that's why they sent Lucrezia to woo Zenjirou and giving the precious relic to Freya. Two things they will gain from that is close partnership with Capua and Upsala won't be joining the church in case church decide to invade Twin Kingdoms, good scenario would be Capua and Upsala fought against invading Church army and Twin Kingdoms giving support to both Capua and Upsala from behind.

Twin Kingdoms strongly believe church will eventually invade them because they're the descendant of White Empire and to deter the invasion, Twin Kingdoms need the two strong country Capua+Upsala as their backers so church will thinking that the invasion will too costly for them to do and choose to do trading instead.

This manga require you to have a very good memory or at least re-read it so many times to understand the plot. It involve high level politic after all, just like our real world.

Users who are viewing this thread