Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 16 Ch. 66 - The Seed Passed Down

Dex-chan lover
we need better technology
You might get waaaaaaaay more than what you'd like to have, my totally-not-Italian dude.
After all, it might be so that having his family and friends under threat of invasion and murder will cause Zenjiro to go full Gandhi.

Double-page supporter
They just have started having normal and closer relations with the Capuans. It's normal to not reveal everything from the start plus they don't know when (Church) will come but know they will
Does anyone know what countries Capua fought in their great war? Was it the Twin Kingdoms? If so, how the heck did the Capua dynasty get whittled down to just one survivor, while the Sharowa dynasty seems unaffected at twenty-three? Is there any info?

If it was, the only thing I can think of is that the Capuan bloodline magic is very front-line oriented--teleportation, that defense bubble--while the Sharowan magic is totally background.

Aight, ive finished my binge reading of this. I suppose this is a good point to drop it. While i love the idea and a lil different kinda isekai world building (like no usual elves, goblins, guilds stuff) and a wiiiide range of characters, hell ima say it clear, i had a blast binging this but I sincerely hate aura, mc and freya with a passion lmao.

Offcourse since author says its canon we must believe aura loves mc, personally till atleast chapter 50-ish it was more like she fooled herself into believing that because of how convienent a pawn mc is, in literally every aspect. Shout out to my boy fabio, he pointed it out a couple of times. After 50-ish chapters, theres a bit of lovey dovey stuff, buy it felt fake, can’t seem to buy it for some reason, welp, looking at the comments throughtout the series its most likely just me lol.

And ooof, the mc, what do i even say, i think i hate him the most. i think its best to just not say anything at all or I,ll end up with a text wall 😂. This guy just feels like a puppet 90% of the times, but I”ll admit, he has his moments.

And then freya, yup go away plz, harem here was really something that put me off. I don’t mind the harem genre per se, but it felt verrry forced here. Ntr is fine till hentai, pls stay away from manga 😭. Plus her “love” for mc, cmooon, again, author says so, so its canon, but no way im buying that bs. A lil respect and shes ded in love. It woulda been more believable if she just used him as a pawn to let her fuck off to the seas or whatever, which is how it is anyway. but that would make her unlikable, so yeah, “love” is a convenient plot tool i guess.

In the end I,ll say, as much as i hate the 3 main characters , the author sure knows how to write a captivating story. I,ll for sure come back if this ever reaches 100 chapters or so.

Dex-chan lover
@facelessman97
Those are definitely valid reasonings. I can see, and even agree with them. I mean, I can kinda try and justify them, but they are still pretty valid.
Mostly I would be defending Freya, though. The other two? Yeah, dropped the ball.

Aura had stated right away that she wanted to marry him because of both his bloodline and because of her country's view of women in power and how he would not be able to oust her.

While I can see how, after years living together, they would develop feelings, there was indeed not enough work done through the story with them together for that.
And the other characters, mainly Zenchirou, kinda suffer for that.

Zenchirou is reactionary at best. While he does have his moments of good thinking he seems more of a drone of Aura than his own person.

I think it is a cultural thing, though. Zenchirou is japanese, and at least in their media they portray their loyalty to their bosses and work structure to an obsessive point sometimes.
How many isekai/reincarnation mangas are about people that died of overwork?
At least Aura is a good boss. Sure, he is not being given the sedentary life he was promised, but that's because he was kinda competent thus promoted to a life with more responsibilities but also more rewards.

That said, we once again missed much with how their relationship developed. Or had the development skipped.
With his refusal to take concubines even after she said it was not just alright but expected, if it was just a contractual marriage this would allow him to look into a girl he was actually into to take as one.
And maybe push Aura into jealously and into investing herself more into proving herself as the main woman, actually becoming a character instead of a hot body and a concept of queen we mostly only see in small scenes now.

Freya... well, indeed her introduction kinda wedged into the story the idea of harems at all.
But I guess they kinda needed to add them, and her.

Without focusing much on the pair's relationship, and their internal problems apparently solved, they needed an edge into international issues.
The reasoning of a magical tool for safer birth is kinda iffy to me, after her having a first child already. If I remember right he was just being a worrywart?
But adding court and courting issues to the equation improves things. And I very much doubt Lucrezia would have been the best choice to use to open those floodgates.

And yeah, her reasoning for falling for him is kinda flimsy.
But... I guess you may not agree but for me it helps her that, unlike Aura, we actually see her accompany him and learning from each other. She is actually trying to get into his life and work her way inside.
She is what we wanted Aura to be, in all but the fanservice scenes.

To be fair he noticed pretty quickly that Aura's proposal to him was politically motivated (she didn't want to give power to any of the existing relatives of the royal family, thus bringing him who's got no political leaning in Capua. It's not like he has OP magic power)

But ideal booba wife > salaryman life.
He has more going for him than just being a way of Aura avoiding marriage to any local factions.
He possesses the same spacial manipulation abilities she does, and that is likely to come out in their children.
One of her main purposes was to strengthen her bloodline magic and he was much better option for that than anyone else.

Dex-chan lover
He has more going for him than just being a way of Aura avoiding marriage to any local factions.
He possesses the same spacial manipulation abilities she does, and that is likely to come out in their children.
One of her main purposes was to strengthen her bloodline magic and he was much better option for that than anyone else.

Umm, no, you can even go and double check if you want.
She summoned him PURELY for the political aspect, she even said him possessing decent amount of magic power is a "pleasant miscalculation"
https://mangadex.org/chapter/283b6a1a-d540-40f0-b61a-1c99bb388cdd/27

He even noted that HIS lineage should be thinner than other, more local candidates she pointed out:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/283b6a1a-d540-40f0-b61a-1c99bb388cdd/36
https://mangadex.org/chapter/283b6a1a-d540-40f0-b61a-1c99bb388cdd/37

And after asking a few more questions, the conclusion he arrives at:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/283b6a1a-d540-40f0-b61a-1c99bb388cdd/42

Nothing about 'main purpose' being strengthen the bloodline.

Dex-chan lover
I've been wondering what was going on here. Trying to set up a 3 point alliance against what they believe to be the worlds greatest superpower with the goal of looking like too much pain to take makes a lot of sense.

Users who are viewing this thread