1-nen A-gumi no Monster - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I can't stomach a creepy teacher like you

Fed-Kun's army
Looks like i wasn't the only one who sees this similar to GTO

Not saying I don't like it though.

Dex-chan lover
hang on....I've read a similar manga with a similar start like this...and it's not GTO thing the lads below were talking about...

Dex-chan lover
This entire manga

Dex-chan lover
@sunsetchaos basically an overrated manga. The skyrim of teacher stories since people who have never read anything similar before reading it think way too highly of it.

@knight_evangel I wouldn't say GTO is incredibly overrated since it was definitely a good manga in my books, but I do agree somewhat when it concerns the people saying its the best out there.

Dex-chan lover
@DoctusRex People saying it's the best out there was the only thing I was talking about though. :O lol I never said it wasn't good if that's what you mean. Ah, the Skyrim part might've been confusing.

Skyrim is short for 'The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim'. It's a game that's honestly good, but not the best in its genre. There is a generation of gamers who claim it was the best because they hadn't played anything like it before... It got to the point where they would use it as a measurement for other games. i.e. Saying "Well, it's no Skyrim..." even if the game they are criticizing only vaguely resembles Skyrim...

That's where I'm making my comparison. Folks often unfairly use GTO as a measurement stick for manga that aren't even aiming to have the same appeal, even if it uses similar elements. Again, it's naught to do with whether GTO itself is good or not, but peeps tend to overrated it very much, and this is just one of many ways that this overrating nature of theirs can manifest.

Users who are viewing this thread