1-nen A-gumi no Monster

So in the end, the real Monster is the teacher.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that's quite plottwist. In the end the monster is the teacher

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
I came for the art, I stayed for the thrill. I came across a gold mine here, thank you to whoever asked what manga is this on Karoshi Camp.

Dex-chan lover
He is Getting on my nerves so much ! He keeps saying that he is a teacher but he is NOT... Between blatantely ignoring complaints of bullying, not caring one bit about his student’s career. « If she quits high school then who cares ? She quit so I’m not a teacher anymore, just a teacher »...

What’s next ? She killed herself so she isn’t my student anymore, it has nothing to do with me ? Her parents torture and rape her everyday but she gets good grades so who cares ?...

Also, I wonder why she isn't fighting back when they are bullying her directly, it's not like she's been bullied for a long time, she has a strong personallity. If someone poured something on me on purpose, I'd do the same to them.

Code:

Contributor
This manga is what happens after you tried going full Onizuka but everything went wrong.
EDIT: Also, what's up witht that rating? This one deserves more love.

Dex-chan lover
@breizh Did you just left a spoiler out in the open? I was scrolling through the comments to decide if I should read this or not when I found yours.

Fed-Kun's army
I think I only enjoy this because I can't bring myself to take it seriously. There are a number of manga out there that use school bullying for good dramatic effect, and more that use it for deliberate comedy or a short "this is how we met a few years ago" flashback, but this isn't either of those.

The behavior here is so far over the line
particularly the attempted acid attack, although that failed due to effectively a coincidence, and the girl who's deliberately self-harming to get her teachers' attention
with so little permanent consequence to anyone involved that it's patently ridiculous, but it doesn't even seem to be trying for comedy. Or, if it's trying, it fails miserably.

It's like someone took a look at the standard slate of incredibly traumatic school bullying tropes, and asked "but what if it was all ok afterward because an autistic punch-clock teacher said something?"

It's not dealing with the huge impact any of these incidents would have on someone, but it's also not playing its material for laughs effectively. Onani Master Kurosawa and GTO did similar concepts tons better. The only interesting aspect here is
the mystery of the teacher's background, and whether he's actually just sadistically escalating everything to the point where his students lose it and kill themselves (unlikely, since there doesn't seem to be much psychological damage from any of these incidents), or whether he acts like nothing outside school is his business because of a past trauma he got too involved in
, and even that doesn't save this thing.

Honestly, I hope this manga gets canceled. The premise could have been interesting, but the execution is terrible.

Contributor
@lashauk

The worst thing is, he HOPE this manga will get axed.

Idk how you can want a manga to be axed. If you don't like it, just drop it.

Fed-Kun's army
@lashauk I don't want a GTO clone, but I want this thing to figure out whether it's going to take its premise seriously and deal with the psychological fallout from the incidents, or play the whole thing for laughs. Currently, it's not believably doing either.

@Siquall I hope it gets axed so that something better can take its place in whatever magazine it runs in.

You, @EaterOfBooks, should perhaps consider taking your out-of-place pretensions somewhere more fitting, like any one psychological seinen, a random bildungsroman or whatever. Throwing a hissy fit because the premise has a resemblance to GTO is fucking absurd. Give it time, or drop it here and now and leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread