100-nin no Eiyuu o Sodateta Saikyou Yogensha wa, Boukensha ni Natte mo Sekaijuu no Deshi kara Shitawarete Masu

Oh boi, it's going to be cheesy and annoying if he starts saying "wow, how lucky to find a piece of my power here and there !" every time he goes out on a walk

Dam this shit is boring. 12 chapters in and still has not met one of his 100 or so heroes.

Yeah let's go with the "I need to act normal" trope because that's what we want when we read a manga where mc is something surpassing a hero, great idea ... extremely boring and time wasting, basically 0 progression in 10 CHAPTERS ...
He has a lifetime of experience yet he acts like one of those annoying ignorant newly isekaied MCs

I was really hoping that this would be an adventure where he visits his students one by one, and they demonstrate the lessons they were taught, almost in a Kino no Tabi kinda way. Nope. Just generic isekai.

Dex-chan lover
Uuh, what part of this is an isekai? Because he going to the other side and back doesn't really count, since it's just another dimension belonging to the same world.

Dam this shit is boring. 12 chapters in and still has not met one of his 100 or so heroes.

glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I was really hoping it might be he visits and we get a story from each one about one of their adventures after their master left. Could be real interesting, think about it 100 different people you could tell 100 different stories. Could be even more interesting if all the stories had some small, subtle tie that no one ever noticed because there was no one person hearing them all. Kind of like a mystery with a bunch of clues that slowly build to a story within a story. Maybe how his students through their own actions ended up saving or changing the world, but through small steps rather then an epic battle. Place the focus not on an op character but 100 powerful but not op characters.

Boring AF, not recommended unless it is finished or it's further along the story.

Dex-chan lover
What happens if this gets axed? Will he meet all 100 heroes within a few chapters?

The beginning is a bit interesting, but we're 13 chapters in and the whole point of the manga (meeting the heroes whom he taught) is being completely ignored, he even goes out of his way to not meet them and the story focuses on this generic ass world (whoa I've never seen the adventurer guild in any other fantasy ever!).

So uh..... we gonna meet the heros or.... kinda boring/frustrating even... would not rec.

Aggregator gang
@Malghoul so you telling me it could have been a japanese "Charlotte Has Five Disciples" but what we got instead is a generic isekai-like fantasy ?

It is not really an isekai! stop saying it's shit because "is an isekai effed lol i am better than you lolooll"...

Fed-Kun's army
Why do people give out such high ratings on not very good stuff. I mean this isn't Amazon where they're paying you for your lies, right?

I mean at best this is a 6, and I'm being generous. Range is 4-6. Lower is pretty unfair since it's actually not nonsensical trash but higher it definitely does not deserve.

Dex-chan lover
read this with a grain of salt. it's not inherently a bad story, the pacing and the dialogue are awkward - casually praising the protagonist and lackadaisical world building.
also while I feel like there is no need for a harem in any story, so far this type of story doesn't mesh with romantic subplot if there will be any in the future. I hope it doesn't fall it to that pit but it seems like a Josei story so far. I'd rather that she's just be the spirit wife of the protagonist and call it a day, this had potential and it would probably far better as a novel
edit: I know it's an adapted novel but I haven't read it yet. this story kind of borderlines western rpgs as it, try to self-insert yourself over the boring protagonist. the execution is pretty bad though, not a matter of translation quality but the original could've been proofread better. a straight to manga adaptation that's as bad as a straight to DVD sequel
editedit: mind you the art is good and the concepts of the dynamics is fun in it's own right, but whether or not you'll have fun is up to you. I read this as a shelf-filler when I'm waiting for other releases

Dex-chan lover
Many people think that this manga is bad but for me this is a good read with a cup of morning coffee

Users who are viewing this thread