100-nin no Eiyuu o Sodateta Saikyou Yogensha wa, Boukensha ni Natte mo Sekaijuu no Deshi kara Shitawarete Masu

Double-page supporter
I had expectations for this but quickly disappointed.

MC is too beta.
And i don't like the "Romance" with the elf apprentice. Would had been better with Spirit Queen. She's too obsessive with MC or just blindly worships him.

The thing I've noticed is that most JPs have good plots and ideas but it's only superficial and transparent. No actual thought goes into the story but cliche and over-used things.

Rarely do you see serious works like Overlord translated. Though they do exist we just don't see them enough sadly

Group Leader
@morunoir Name me one story that completely creates its plot, drive, and everything using just the interactions of its characters. If you can't name at least ONE, paypal me $20. Put your money where your mouth is.

I have the suspicion , that the mangaka was in love whit Aizen of Bleach, and now is trying to bleaching that name...

Dex-chan lover
The Greatest Prophet who Nurtured 100 Heroes, Even if He Becomes an Adventurer, His Disciples Throughout the World will still Yearn for Him

This too bland in my opinion...
The heroes already been nurtured, war has been won and the world have been saved...
There's virtualy no more (huge) problem in that world, what more there is to see?
It feels like watching an aftermath of an ending of a story but with a supporting character as the main character now, where you would see them walking around, doing mundane everyday things.
While I suppose that is nice, it's not that exciting.

Well at least that what it seems to be the case for the first seven chapters.

Anyway, where the Light Novel readers at? Is this actually great or nah?

@ABCsOfLife: The manga was sloppy, it doesn't give that much justice to the novel (although the translator also have a few grammatical errors).

Recently, the novel was on hiatus after the translator was hit of earthquake in Philippines. The novel currently has 26 chapters.
The mc was also named as Eisen but the romaji was Aizen. His full name is Eisen Otis in the novel tl.

There were no romance, only that he has countless obssessive disciples and that they wholesomely wants to get his attention, wants to show him their achievements so of course the story is slow pace.

As a master of heroes, mc comes late in saving his disciples when they encounter difficulties after some magic beasts evolved into demon beasts after eating the Jashib's mutilated bodies.

There were many fights but it all ended quite cliched as usual since mc is OP but I like it how he only acts after seeing that the veteran Spirit Magician was weakened. There were a few inconsistencies in the translation but the translator would point it out on their notes. I can't say much but as an avid reader of the series since it started translating last August, the series started at a slow pace and it slowly added some plot to the story.

OSC

I like the idea of this, enough that i might look up the ln, but the manga execution is just--awkward. The pacing is bland, the characters are bland, the setting is bland...it's all very generic and boring and the "twist" is just sorta weird, self congratulating stuff. It sounded potentially just kinda fun and a little silly but this is. Meh.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting plot that got plainly executed. 6/10. I'll be waiting for the updates tho

Dex-chan lover
not sure what's happening but the art quality is deteriorating significantly
rough day for the artist?

This manga is just a "Meh" ...

seriously slow like shit pace..

no hurt feelings. but this one is quite slow.
I don't mind with the excuse "World building" , but this one is too much and i didn't even see it as World building shit..
also what the use "World building" if in the future it will become a useless thing and like it was not even happened..

rather what i see is just MC walking around from Chapter 3 to this late chapter 8 doing what we call Wake-eat-walk-eat-Sleep.
thats all..

It's like a manga with no motivation even for daily-life manga. but yet it is not a Daily-life genre.

i think it should score 4* at best, and not 6,80*

Everyone out here crying about the story and I'm over here enjoying it.

Aggregator gang
Boring and bland. Author also writes several other isekai stories but none of them are really that good.

Dex-chan lover
The pacing is poor and everything is cliche. At least despite how cliche everything is I find the main character duo quite charming.

Users who are viewing this thread