Honestly I got to page 20 but overall it’s a good translation. I’m pretty sure the last group to work on this also said the language they use is tricky so being able to get 20 pages with google translate is really good

Group Leader
Not sure if it was just my english, but there was a lot of parts that just didn't flow or make sense. I still appreciate the translation though. (・∧‐)ゞ

well i agree maybe it was just the english but i really appreciate this translation morever using just google translate
wow ur efforts r much appreciated

Dex-chan lover
@DorothyGale123
Me. I thought I was a bad translator but to think there are still people worse than me.
After reading a lot of manga here, I think I'm average.
Thousands of scans group better than me and thousands of individuals worse than me.

At least I don't make confuse translation. (How I used to be when relying too much on MTL)

Whenever I'm in doubt I always give other meanings out as well.
Most importantly, I never skip any joke from the mangaka.
If it can't be translated, I will make a (T.N: etc.) under that page.

=> Which makes my translation look like a mess but at least people know what is going on.
I'd give the translator 4/10 points, I was 5/10 points.

Appreciate the effort, but reading this make my head hurts.
If you'd like to continue translating, I'd suggest you at least get a proofreader and see if they understood first before releasing it.

Fed-Kun's army
who does that girl think she is??? they know each other before you came in??? he said she was his friend, don't you look stupid now lmao AND SHE HIT HER LMAO EXCUSE ME??? RUDE??? more annoying than lockmann (tho we've never seen him so openly jealous before, huh ADLJKSSDJKL HE BURNED THE PAPER!! AND THEN HE ACTUALLY WENT AND QUESTIONED HER SDLKsdfl i wonder if they'll realize she misunderstood what that meant tho)

thanks for the effort and sharing with us!! it was confusing but i got the gist of it lol so i appreciate it

Dex-chan lover
@WhoCares: Thank you for pointing those out, it's a bother to remember every mistake.
I got really annoyed as well.
I will go and translate those mistakes myself rather than this translation. (to make readers less confused)

* Don't be crunchy
"そうカリカリするな"
カリカリ really means crunchy/crispy = things hardened after fried/burned. But the sentence has another meaning "you don't have to be that frustrated/annoyed"

* In case of emergency, they play the role of stabbing the other party
"いざとなれば, 相手に止めを刺す役割も担ってる"
刺す really means stabs, but the sentence means more like "In an emergency, they could also hinder/stop (or RPG temp, steal Aggro/Debuff) the enemies"

* I'm not asking for free rice
"なに, 金は持ってきているからタダ飯じゃないぞ"
飯 means food/meal, but for Japanese, their main food is Rice so MTL translates as rice, how stupid.
The sentence means "What? I have money, so I don't eat for free/ I don't ask you to treat me"

* Recent young people with cancer
"最近の若者は..."
Where did he bring out the "cancer" word? Not even Google translate makes this mistake.
The sentence means "Kids these days..."

* Trout
"大丈夫よ" (Daiyobu~ yo)
There is a lot of meme for this but how can he makes this mistake is beyond comprehension.
Meaning "Are you okay?".

* Don't sell oil in this place, eat it quickly
"そ-だぞ. こんな所を油を売っていないで早く食べてこい!"
油 is really "oil", 売 is really "sell" but those words mean like "don't stir the oil/stir up trouble"
That bubble means "That's right, just hurry up and eating, stop causing me trouble"

* When it comes to the captain, the cool solution must be used
"隊長のことになるとカッとなる癖は直さなきゃ"
Sorry but I give up. I can't understand how he translates that way.
"You should fix the habit of over-reacting whenever it involves our captain."

* Is it the captain of gingko?
"隊長だということ?"
Taichou da to iu koto?
Meaning: "Whenever it involves the captain, she said?"

* If I do that, it will fit in a circle
"なら, 私がそうすれば丸く収まる"
丸 really means "circle".
The whole sentence roundly means like "then, I could make a turn-around/ a comeback/ I could use it against him"

* Livestock mega!
"畜生めが!"
He put the whole thing in MTL and it only translates 畜 = livestock, め read as me, が read as ga, hence MTL = livestock mega.
While it's actually just "Damn it"

* It's strangely raw compared to other monsters
"生々しい" really means "raw"
but why wouldn't choose other meaning "Lively/Actively/Vivid" which is more suitable in this case is beyond me.
"It seems to be more vivid compared to other monsters"

* Yesterday is a sale island
"昨日は兎鳥~ ー昨日は~"
兎 Rabbit 鳥 Bird
Meaning: "Yesterday was Rabbit, Bird~ The day before that was~"

* Good book~
"やん, もう! 上手ね"
やん, Iyan = No
もう, Mou = geez
Meaning: "No way, Geez! How skillful/You got me"

* It can't be helped. Three whips
More like "It can't be helped. I will go. Are you happy now?"

This was an interesting read for sure. Even if you don't read japanese you should be able to see that these translations don't make any sense lmao

Dex-chan lover
Ow... I read it half way through and abandoned the rest...
At least the introductory card was honest, this is trash

I couldn't even finish reading the chapter it was too much effort to decipher what was actually going on with this translation -_-

@Loli_Omamoritai
Code:
"いざとなれば, 相手に止めを刺す役割も担ってる"
刺す really means stabs, but the sentence means more like "In an emergency, they could also hinder/stop (or RPG temp, steal Aggro/Debuff) the enemies"

Actually 止めを刺す means finish off/deliver the final blow. Because of that Nanaly think that 1st squad similar to a secret weapon.

Some of you have never tried translating from a language you don't understand and it shows

I hope the translator won't be discouraged because of these comments because a bad translation is better than no translation

when people diss the translator but all they're really doing is getting mad at Google Translate.

just to clarify, i chose to not read this chapter because of the mtl.

I just can't ship the mc with tht fking piece of sht male lead T_T
But welp need to force myself to like it ig since like hell they will make another better male lead -_-

Dex-chan lover
I mean, tough to read, but thus is the way of mtl. Wish the other group would release stuff more regularly but guessing they are busy

Users who are viewing this thread