Dex-chan lover
@ BarakRhys
You literally released an (old) chapter a day before chapter usually drops. Of course people will flock to see if by some chance a chapter dropped a little earlier. Serkett response was bad, but yours was so much worse. A childish tantrum.
Your chapter has better quality, I will agree to that, but the ones already posted are also decent. I fail to see what would we gain from this.

Group Leader
@xHarlock @Rhyminghood @EminaDigiCC0306 @sfPanzer @BananowyJE
I honestly knew that what I said would cause controversy, so I probably shouldn't have said. Still, it's quite funny how the person whom I directed that too didn't reply first.
Well, firstly, to me his reason for blocking the group just cuz I uploaded a chapter that had already been translated by other groups, was much more childish. I started this group literally for Solo Leveling and I dedicate most of my time to it. And yes, I know that the releases for season 1 had been random but, was it really a reason for all the hate? The Translator himself is really tired, he had literally translated whole of season 1 in 2.5 weeks. As you can see, he himself is really dedicated to Solo Leveling. So whenever I see some negative comments towards the high quality work(especially for Solo Leveling) I just rage, lol.
Anyways, I hope that it clears up the confusion or argument. I really don't mean to fight or start a drama. I'm sorry for any inconveniences. peace out!
Oh and btw, we'll start releasing in a consecutive manner after I have released all the season 2 chapters. They are all done, just need to release them.

Imagine being angry over someone scanlating for (our purposes) free.

Time to rant as a longtime lurker on these issues:
I swear, we as readers (myself sometimes included) have become entitled about manga/etc. reading. In this case, it takes half a second, if that, to click “already read” in the follow list and go about one’s day. It’s not even like someone is spamming 100 chapters of crappy scanlation, nor is it even spam (e.g. ‘read manga here @ some link’) at all.

I’m not even trying to make an argument about a reader’s criticism of a translation. If someone thinks a translation is low quality and/or has a suggestion, typesetting is off, etc., that makes sense to me. Comment that, and the team can either acknowledge the feedback and accept it, or reject it. A team does not have to follow this. This is a personal thought— a “I think this” statement. “I think thisword is better translated as thatword” is criticism. “You need to translate thisword as thatword” is complaining, and there is a difference.

Criticism is not saying a group has to or should do some way, and that’s certainly different from saying what a group can or cannot scanlate. There’s truly no reason to critique which material a group scanlates. Furthermore, it’s even more ridiculous to say what another reader should or shouldn’t view based on one’s own presumptions of what the team should/shouldn’t scanlate. It’s like someone is so caught up in their own bubble of what is ‘ideal’ for their self that anything hardly an inconvenience for them which would help others is immediately like someone pissing in their cheerios.

A quality scan of a past chapter may not be utilized by someone reading only the most recent, but to a new reader, they’re great. To a re-reader they’re great.

Utterly ridiculous. Let the teams do what they want. They’re only helping the site by adding more quality content. If someone doesn’t think that, they can block them, but to say that the team should/needs to something is pathetic.

Group Leader
Btw, just as @DeadMemerDoge said, you shouldn't read the old chapters and then criticize the group that has released it.
Furthermore, it's kinda weird to me to see that whenever I upload an old chapter or a new one, people always mistake it as the most recent one and then comment something like "Oh, I expected a new chapter, but this is just a repost" or something among/near those lines.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the upload. People tend to complain about multiple groups working on the same series, or things being released out of order, but I'm just happy to read. Translations and interpretations may differ, so it's helpful to get to read multiple releases to understand a bit more.

I don't wish to comment, but I'm disturbed that this group is using the "Solo Leveling" title from the official English release.
It feels kinda low. The release time is also suspicious.

To anyone who can't distinguish whether this a new chapter even up at this time, you have the option to block the group. It would be your loss, I think.
To all, I wish you would read the webnovel. I wasn't able to easily stop it though and I consumed more than two weeks glued to my phone because of it. 🙃

I think it’s mangadex’s fault (if someone’s) that there is no way to clearly see it’s an older/new version of a chapter. I understand the frustration of thinking there’s a new chapter when it’s not. But being angry at the scanlation group is clearly dumb

@BarakRhys you call them snipers but your last release was 2 month ago. Sure you can give better translation, better quality whatever, but at least keep up the pace or fill the gaps like you are already doing, although a bit random.... For the majority of us we really don't care if a translation is 3 star or 5 star, unless someone uses google translator we prefer speed over quality. So keep that in mind when addressing the community, you will have a less stressful life 😉

Dex-chan lover
I dislike snipers who steal projects from groups who are working on a series, but there's a time limit to these things and if you're like half a dozen releases behind the current then really it's fair game and you can only suck it up if you get sniped.

This isn't even a case of sniping either, Flame Scans was the second group to upload for c111 - 114. You could make the argument that they've been trying to snipe 'Bored College Students'.

@Iwashiii tldr:
I have no problem with people critiquing scanlators’ works (I.e. saying “I think ‘word1’ is a better meaning than ‘word2’”), but people have no justifiable reason to get all pissy over what a group chooses to work on. It’s horribly entitled of a reader demand a volunteer scanlation group do some action to satisfy the reader’s own personal ideal, only to offset the most minor of inconveniences for them.

Why the hell are you guys argue over something so pointless? Fanscans are free to do what they want, there are no rules whatsoever on when they will be releasing their works.

At the end of the day you guys trowing tantrum at the scanlator is stupid. You don't pay shit to read, you're not doing any favor to the real artist and in the end just to fulfill your own convenience without thinking of others.

The term 'scans sniping' is also stupid. If it was the official publisher that lashes out at scanlator group, it is justifiable. But other people stress over sniping, what for?

Dex-chan lover
Ah, just give it up. Too many idiots on this service (like any other place on the 'net). They will post if they feel like it, and won't bother to read your diatribes. If they were the type to actually go through the existing comments and understand the points, would they post?

Comment sections are poison in general - sure there are some instances of great discussion, but more often then not it's just a dumping ground for the lowest common denominator. How do I know this? Well I posted...

😅

Users who are viewing this thread