Dex-chan lover
@AnimationDude But there is SOMETHING going on with that character. For example, ohma had the mystery of his past, perfecting his skills throughout the different rounds of the tournament, some antics with the other cast members, multiple rivals, plus his introductory arc at the start of Kengan ashura.

Koga gets what? Literally his only goal right now is "Watch the tournament and comment". That's even less than kazzy. Why did he get an entire training arc devoted to him if hypotheticalally at the very most, he'll get one match via shenanigans? He basically has no other motivation. He hasn't even SPOKEN with ohma, his original goal (unless I forgot when he did)

Dex-chan lover
This was an interesting fight, the Fortnite rules gave it an additional sense of urgency, though at this point I honestly hope we get to see Misasa fight again some time just to see how he would hold up against a fighter that didn't have so many disadvantages going into this round including the fact that Misasa was likely already fairly familiar with Hikaru's move set going into that match.

@jthemangajack Absolutely! At this point I cant take purgatory seriously anymore. I love a good beatdown as much as anyone else but you have be careful of how they are implemented in a story. Right now every fight has ended with purgatory looking weak, even in the fights they won. They dont look like a threat anymore!

Then there is the fact that monsters like ohma, raian, agito, wakatsuki and tokumichi plus really good fighters like okubo, akoya and masaki that have not even gone yet. Right now outside of lolong, if they all just got steamroll'd in their respective fights it would not surprise me! Purgatory needs to hand kengan association some "nasty" loses because its looking incredibly one-sided.

If misasa thinks the guy is alive, he's alive. There's no way an extermination squad member, who is also the fang, would be a big enough amateur to misjudge the damage he caused to someone. His neck didnt break, it just bent badly. Possibly some spinal damage, but misasa is skilled enough to make sure it's not fatal. Unless Monke reveals he has a pretend-to-be-dead move that stops his heart temporarily ala a Baki moment to force a disqualification then slinks off in the shadows grinning after they drag him off, Kengan has this.

So Yumi got shattered jaw joints, a snapped spine, a caved-in skull, and wrecked pride... Yeah, Yumi is going to be fine. He'll be up and running in two chapters.

@Davy0

I looked up Bajiquan. While it does incorporate both spear and unarmed techniques, the forms for each are very different. The unarmed stances and forms are legitimate and not just mimicking spear stances to throw strikes. Not like what Yumigahama was doing.

That iaido at the beginning of the chapter is the biggest offender of all. This form supposedly uses the tension of the weapon in the sheath to speed up its strikes but Yumi has none. It makes him look like a kid playing with imaginary weapons and thats why I couldn't take him seriously at all. Misasa actually calls him out for this. A somewhat more reasonable interpretation of unarmed iaido is from Baki. https://mangadex.org/chapter/125208/19

Users who are viewing this thread