All that money.. All those crystals and for what? an arrogant S rank who got scared last minute and weakened his own barrier in the process causing it to break like a hot knife thru butter.. (i say weakened cause most the time strength of magic like barriers are supported by the psyche, Stronger Mind = Stronger Barrier, but once your mind wavers like from fear, it can turn into a handy cap...) Just my own thoughts, that had he not been so arrogant, he could have thought rationally on the matter and made better judgements.. Like for example telling everyone to Run or call for backup instead of standing there speechless like a pig for slaughter...

(yes i know it broke due to his power being like an ant in front of that giant chieftain or giant king, but i mean theres other things he could of done, but it is in the authors style to follow facts, we can say all we want but not like were experiencing any of this first hand..)

Double-page supporter
I mean ... we all knew this was going to happen. Cocky S rank barrier boi going to fuck up or just fail because the monsters are way stronger.
@djinnnyxderolect there's no indication that the psyche is the limiter of things like barriers within this world, or else that makes people with barrier power pretty OP as long as they have a strong mind. All powers, except MC's, seem to have a hard cap and limitation to them so I don't think it gets stronger (or even weaker) because of your mental fortitude. And regardless, if all the hunters were forewarned and they ran away, then what? The monsters will just move on and slaughter everyone in the neighboring cities.

By the way, you can tell the author doesn't think fondly of Japan, being a Korean and all lol. Same goes for a lot of manga that have Korean characters, or portrayal of Korea, in them. The enmity between the two is strong. My parents still hold deep rooted hatred for the Japanese as well.

Dex-chan lover
@goodhunter i find that amusing too. my country (Indonesia) was occupied and roughly treated by the japanese as well during WW2, yet we're on very good terms with each other nowadays. i wonder what's keeping most koreans from letting go of this specific hate boner, especially since the south koreans are technically still in a paused war against the commies...

Idk why some guys keep on ranting about how Humanity seems weak when compared to SJW, but remember the Memory that was revealed.

Those armies were composed of at least A-ranked members and they come in millions. I think that the battle in that memory was described as endless until the Shadow Monarch got involved.

And the next Battlegrounds is Earth, which is quite obvious if you think about it.

Humanity is fucked to begin with.

@Wolvenworks The older generation of South Koreans(Newer generations either lost interest or did not learn about it from the older generations.) just want Japan to make a public apology for the enslavement and human experimentation done to the South Korean people during Japan's occupation from before WW1 to the end of WW2. Korea has had a long history of conflicts with China and Japan which ended with a lot of loss each time. The Japanese government does not acknowledge their historical actions and so the feud stays. It is in the vein of, "if Germany said the Nazi camps did not exist." <- That is no joke, that is what my great-grandparents, grand-parents, and parents feel as the minimum the Japanesse government should do, "just say it happened."

Dex-chan lover
@BoredHero ah okay. because all i know is that a while ago japan already apologized and paid reparations regarding the "comfort women" issue but some ppl in korea keep on demanding more even tho the japanese were pretty much "we've dealt with this issue why are you guys back at it again". but yeah if you put it that way, then it is indeed true that the japanese are PARTICULARLY RESISTANT on changing the national view that they done did war crimes, at least during WW2. have heard that some japanese are opposing a curricular revision to address this issue in their textbooks like it's fucking Iwo Jima

Hard to see it in this art, (took me three times to finally find realize what happened) but Orlov's confidence was well warranted as he could have handled the Boss Giants, but when the super sized boss giant stepped up, tossing one of the other giants aside, it shocked the hell out of him. Orlov never stood a chance against the big boss.

wtf why would they use a ww2 tank to fight the monster instead of a modern tank. the tank they use if im not mistaken is the King Tiger.

I think the best part for me is the foundation. He didnt get this power because of the whim of an unseen God. He passed a test set up to choose someone. He survived and not only that it wasn't like a "You got the power" BOOM then everything stopped. Nah he took a BIG ASS spear to the gut and then was able to leave😅

Tl;dr he earned his power...I like that

Users who are viewing this thread