Dex-chan lover
So the only big mistake Enji made was not sending Touja to therapy. Not that he was a great father, but I can't see him as the culprit of Touya becomming a villain.

These last chapters somehow manage to both approve and disapprove dabi-is-touya-todoroki fan theory all at once.

Hey, that's a back story. Thank you!
That's how you make a person curious and pull them in, not like some of the others.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder if all the anti-Enji assholes will finally realize that he wasn't just a shitbag and that he tried to be a proper father, now.

Nah, who am I kidding? of course they won't.

Aggregator gang
Gotta remember that Enji was a shitbag and only realized his failures after All Might retired. In terms of timeline in the story, he has spent decades nursing that one-minded grudge and it's not even been a few months as he was trying to atone to his family. Small wonder people only remember his bad sides; he wasn't given enough time to work on his good.

Welp, that... fucking blows. Endeavor is definitely at fault for molding Touya into an implement to surpass All Might, but this kinda downgrades him from "I pushed my son too far and he fucking died" to "man, I really should've sprang for a child therapist."

Not sure how on-board I am with it, I was pretty all right with genuine-piece-of-shit-actually-trying-to-be-better Endeavor.

@DementedSurgeon No, more like Touya wanted his father's love and affection (which he felt that he could only obtain by being a hero) but his dipshit father only cared about Shouto.

Basically, when Touya was younger, Endeavor spent all his time doting on him and training him. However, when Touya turned out to be a lost cause and Shouto was born, Endeavor immediately started neglecting Touya and focusing on Todoroki. Touya isn't an idiot, and he realized the reason for this is taht Endeavor saw more potential in Shouto than himself, so he worked to prove his father wrong by training harder.

If Endeavor had shown Touya love and affection unrelated to his hero training, things would have turned out different

@SirBernardOftheValley Yeeaahh brainwashed to think your life purpose is to surpass the number one hero at an extremely young age, only to then be ignored by your parents once they find out you are a failure, getting chastised for your efforts to gain attention, praise and affection by working hard because you have no idea what else you can do despite it harming your body, being replaced by another sibling...
@chosenone124 said it well.
He might not be a victim of physical abuse by his dad like Shoto was but he certainly is a victim of heavily traumatizing circumstances. This is a child we are talking about. This would have severe effects on a kid's mental development and we can clearly see that in his psychopathic tendencies. Persistent criminal behavior and antisocial deviance are always a result of something gone wrong in a person's development. It doesn't just happen because people choose to be evil.

@ArinnaNeo What do you mean? There's nothing that disproves it, he literally IS Toya.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmmm intersting, Endeavour was not a "total" asshole to his own son after all, but it took him too long to notice and rectify the mistake. If only he had shown more fatherly love to Toya even after Shouto was born, things could have turned out differently.

Man, we're all gonna need therapy by the time the full extent of the Todoroki family is laid out. Jesus Christ...

For everyone discussing therapy, therapy in the MHA universe is NOT healthy. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT INVOLVES QUIRKS.

Toga is fucked up because they sent her to therapy to forcibly suppress her quirk because it wasn't acceptable to society. Sending Touya to her therapist would probably not do anything.

Fed-Kun's army
Lol people talking therapy like toga didnt go and is still batshit insane. I'm so sure the next chapter we'll see they sent him to therapy then these bozos will find something else to complain about.

I can't blame endeavor, for "lighting" toya's hero flame. like imagine i'm a retired basketball player and from young i train my kid how to hoop and he loves it but boom puberty hits kid is 18 years old but for some reason he's just 5' - 8" not my fault the kid lost in the gene lottery. that's just life.

Horikoshi never misses, quote me on that. You think he'll do something, he might, but he surpasses expectations every time.

Also the people talking therapy, you make it sound like it fixes all your problems.

@SirBernardOftheValley They went about dealing with him the wrong way. That's not to say it was purely their fault, but they had a hand in how he turned out.

@Amariithynar He tried, but then he stopped trying and used Shoto as a punching bag.

Also Rei. But mostly Shoto.

@chosenone124 @TheLastTLK I literally read her backstory chapters last night, and I don't remember a thing about her going to therapy. Not that I think it would've worked.

@AdieuW well yeah there's no doubting dabi is touya, I read the manga after all. What I meant was that there's many fan theories about why touya become dabi. Abuse? Neglect? We didn't quite know until now and assumed endy is an a-hole as usual. The disapproved theories I meant was that touya was unloved, neglected or abused until he become dabi. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread