Fed-Kun's army
Ahh, I think you should have put begone thot as an extra page at the end. People would not be so negative then.

I will not comment on the appropriateness of the meme itself, as other people seem to have pointed that out enough.

Thank you for the translation anyway. Please don’t be disheartened by all the comments. They can be harsh at times, but some of them did raise a fair point.

Dex-chan lover
I CAME HERE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING GIVEN TO ME FOR FREE AND WITH NO EFFORT FROM MY PART WHATSOEVER.

Sarcasm aside, thanks for your work on this series.

Dex-chan lover
@Fushan how would translating it myself remove the fact that I learned that a jp mangaka included the phrase "begone thot" in their jp work? Your logic seems flawed even beyond the obvious.

Aggregator gang
@Lord-Raine it seems like the system was born of human magic and godly power mixing, so it seems more likely the classes are automated rather than overseen by the old gods who were overthrown. in turn, the context of one's actions probably matters as much if not more than the action itself. and regarding context, the hero we saw lose his blessing was an asshole and a coward who abused his power and his allies for his own benefit, whereas (as far as we know) the hero of lore who opposed and sealed the old gods was acting in hope of earning a better future for humanity as a whole

Dex-chan lover
Haha they really managed to waste another chapter by having the MC still lost and searching. GG author.

Wow people just comenting to complain without even thanking the scanlator team for the time they put on a chapter wich can be read for free.

You guys are disgusting

Dex-chan lover
It is in their liberty for translators to choose words they honestly believe best fit for the original. As we saw in complain against bad, unreadable or incorrect translation, it is also in their liberty for readers to voice out their disagreement. If they can't complain about this mess then they also can't complain about other unreadable translations that I rarely saw anyone opposed to. Is that the future we want?

Imo, this is just a mistake on translation. The word is extremely unfit in the context. I feel like this choice is like using the word "corpse" to describe a body of living human. Related, but utterly incorrect. Correct it and move on should be the best course.

On the other hand, if author deliberately used this word in English, then the translation would bare no fault and readers would be left with uncertainty if this level of mess would happen again.

not only is it a dated meme, its used poorly ontop of that.

having that panel on its own bonus page would be one thing, but as is its just jarring and offputting.

and to anyone saying "you cant criticize because free!!!" im freely offering a bowl of cheerios, with a negligible amount of bovine excrement mixed in. its free though, so im not taking any complaints.

Not the comments being irritated by a dead meme 😂 shoulda thrown a poggers in there somewhere, that’d make everyone laugh

Users who are viewing this thread