29-sai Dokushin wa Isekai de Jiyuu ni Ikita……katta

Group Leader
@knightoforder17 I explained as best I could without shooting myself, so yeah. It contains spoilers from the LN to emphasize my point, so beware.
it is because the MC is literally drugged and raped by this girl and yet he shrugs it off because she "is his type" and is "cute". Then, if you read ahead in the novel, you see he flees the city with about 30 assassins sent by the kingdom chasing him. He kills all but one, a girl, and proceeds to savagely rape and torture her for information. He then goes back to the city and starts working for the king of the nation that just tried to murder him. Later, he finds the aforementioned assassin girl being sold as a slave and buys her because he "feels guilty." After that, the princess (not Marl) who sent the assassins after him proceeds to drug and rape him. Overall, the series is pretty much a glorified torture and rape fetish story. Oh, and I forgot to mention the fact that the god that sent him there is the entire reason all the girls keep drugging and raping him.

Group Leader
@knightoforder17 if you want a better explanation, go to the MangaUpdates link and look for the review by superman89 as he explained it more clearly. (At the time I'm typing this he is the only comment/review on there)

Dex-chan lover
@EpidemicGuy
If that is true,and I have no reason to believe that it isn't, then the tags at mangaupdates need to be bloody updated...
I am sticking around on the off chance that this is better than it is sounding.
I mean f' I read the revenge isekai, which I can stomach better than what has/will go on here...
To those who will, don't get me wrong, (unless it is 18+ material and I am specifically looking for it with my mind already corrupted, blah, blah) I don't like it (torture/abuse) either way (unless I is extremely well deserved, and that is an extremely rare and hard thing to come by).

Yes, a LOT of isekai have slavery, but if you look at a historical and situational perspective of some of these practices it is NOTHING LIKE (former) American slavery, or modern slavery. (In case anyone is actually curious I will explain this further).
Argumentatively all sex within a slavery construct is rape. In the same vein one could argue that any form of sex within a relationship of power (boss, teacher, etc) is rape, but unless the individual is real and can be questioned it is mere speculation (fiction is fiction an author can make their actors act however they wish).
One could argue that two of the other isekai that have slavery AND a sexual relationship is rape, but, with analysis of the behaviors afterwards, one could just as easily and just as accurately argue otherwise... Unless that given world has a way to "free" the individual that is recognized within the system, "letting them go 'free'" could be more dangerous than keeping them 'officially' as a slave.

Ultimately, I will stick it out until the "prophetic writings" come true, and then drop it (and add it to "series I can never read/watch"). But certainly, unlike all the other manga based off of light novels, I seriously doubt that I will be buying this one...

Final question, have/will they ever say who/what he was in his past life?

Group Leader
@Aricitic
From what I read from the web novel (I stopped after the point superman89 explained) they never really touch on the subject of his past life. It could be different in the LN and Manga, but I don't believe it will be as it isn't really central to anything he does. It has been around half a year since I dropped the WN, so I'm rusty on the details. I only read the manga as I completely forgot I even read the WN and ended up remembering after a few chapters and looking at the mangaupdates page.

I'd like to clarify that I have nothing against the slavery theme in isekai manga, as it helps drive home the point of those worlds being much less technologically and culturally advanced than our own. Modern slavery is prevalent in Japan with their extreme work culture allowing for the black companies that are often referenced in manga as well. From that perspective, it makes sense that we'd see slavery or indentured servitude themes in manga as it is something many adult Japanese feel they can relate to. The severity of slavery is, however, massively minimized in manga as we often see as a way to sort of justify why relationships can form between the master and servant. I say it's just glorified Stockholm Syndrome most of the time, but hey its just fiction so I'm probably wrong about that.

All we can do is hope they tone things down when they reach the foretold point. They might even remove it altogether, but only time will tell.

Aggregator gang
I dropped this on the second chapter, came back now to give it one more chance, but yeah, can't do it. Using rape like this is just wrong. Hope this mangaka get better than this shit honestly.
thumb_police-station-tonights-episode-the-writers-barely-disguised-fetish-tonights-episode-tumblr-com-here-55091420.png

Dex-chan lover
At least Gal-Cleaning showed that the rape was wrong, and demonstrated the psychological and emotional impact it had one the victim, even if it was tonally inconsistent with the work.

Here, it's glorified. There's no moral ambiguity, no repercussions and no way that it fits into the work as a whole. It's just poorly written schlock that masquerades as escapist fantasy, when this should traumatize MC to the point where he wants to run away from her. She used him and she raped him. There's no beating around the bush.

"A middle aged man who will turn 30". Life sure is harsh in Japan, to only live 58 years.

story is as generic as it gets
at some point the FMC gets MC blackout drunk and she jumps him, absolutely uncalled for (especially since he would have banged her regardless) but hardly something worth getting worked over
The guy is more than happy to keep dicking her

this isekai cosby bitch just raped him and everything works out?
Please tell me he finds out at some point and beats her fucking royal Rohypnol ass

The story tries to toe the line between parody and drama, but it fails to do either. Its approach seems scattershot. If the story were able to do what it tries to achieve, it might be ok, even with the
numerous rape scenes scattered throughout the story and the handwaving to try to justify them.

can we stop splitting into chapters 3 or more parts, Would rather wait for the full chapter

Users who are viewing this thread