29 to JK - Vol. 5 Ch. 23

Group Leader
@anak_sampah i would love to, and it was actually one of the mangas I wanted to translate first, but I do not know where to get the raws. I believe I did see them somewhere, but the quality was extraordinarily bad. So unfortunately, it won't be possible

Double-page supporter
oh man you're insane! thank you!

also back when i missed this the most, i took a peek at the raws and saw that this chapter had about 3x the comments from the other chapters. i can see why. some even thought they were just kissing. how naive.

Dex-chan lover
well she pretty much brought back his youthful optimism and hopes.
So yeah i can totally see this going further, kudos to him for holding back though.

Fed-Kun's army
The themes in this manga are way better than it has any right to be. I would never expect this level of seriousness and maturity from just looking at it, and I'm constantly impressed the more I read.

Supporter
Thanks Mr. Translator, I couldn’t be more happy with your choice of manga to spend your free time translating! Keep it up!

Supporter
A bang, a bang,
a bangedy bang,
a banga bang bang bang
banga bangedy bang
(repeat for 8 hours)

Fed-Kun's army
Ok this is much more interesting than dragging it along for over 100 chapters for the jk to be rejected in favor of another. I doubt whatever this is will succeed and will likely only get them in trouble but I’m glad the author took the more rocky road.

@artyom h-hand holding!? Get your filthy mind out of this wholesome christian thread. May Allah smite you and Karma reincarnate you as water flea.

Dex-chan lover
I fear that whatever was done now will be come haunting him later on in the story.

Dex-chan lover
@kyuusarii Ah too bad then. Thank you for considering it, at least. I'll just appreciate this work (this 29 to jk) until the end for now.

Contributor
Now , please read the beginning of the 1st chapter and you will understand what happened.

"Take responsability"

Supporter
Quite the extraordinary series - she has been in love with him for a long time now, and he has finally found someone that reignites his passion for living.

And they're both sleeping on the futon btw.

Thank you @kyuusarii for the work!

Power Uploader
Okay first, let me preface with, sure it’s “wrong” in any manner of speaking by western morality. Let’s move on from there.

First, he knows that line. He’s already straddling it in some way by coaching the JK whom he knows has it not for him.

Secondly, it’s already accepted at this point that the grandfather has “accepted” him as a arranged marriage partner for his granddaughter the JK even tho he’s 29.

Thirdly, the MC has all but accepted it, maybe he has accepted it, and himself has said in this chapter the temptation is so much he is having trouble holding himself back.

Sudden emotional breakdown COULD do that to a person. (Not that it makes crossing that moral line right).

Fourth, he’s dealing with the sexual abuse/harassment at work already for a Kouhai. While this isn’t an “excuse” for what appears to be all but certain assumption of events here, it does go to breaking down Yariba’s common sense and ability to withstand the incoming emotions.

Fifth, while the grandmother “trusts” Yariba not to go to far, she’s already also stated “it wouldn’t be completely bad”. These things in wealthy families are dealt with internally, right OR wrongly. The girl wants to be with him, the guardians approve, the man himself is willing to take responsibility for his actions at this point... all they need to do is wait for the minimum approvals age with guardian approval for the “marriage”. (There is controversial line I won’t editorialize on here for very obvious reasons). Gotta keep in mind the culture mindset as seen by some in Japan... it’s more likely that it’ll all be swept under the rug. As long as she doesn’t end up pregnant.

Sixth, he has this challenge at work where it’s not for sure where he’ll win. In fact he can feel both feet well placed in the ditch out the door. More ‘reason’ to just give in to that possible “downward spiral”.

The man is definitely grasping at straws to stay sane, and in the meantime breaks through on another front regarding why he quit writing...

... I was gonna say something else but now I forgot... lol

Users who are viewing this thread