339 Years of Penal Servitude

Hard to believe it's really been a year since those first chapters came out. Thanks for the new one.

Supporter
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
Let's discuss philosophy here. Assuming that reincarnation is definite, can a sin be so large that the next incarnation must suffer their previous life's punishment even if they neither remember nor committed it?
old comment but

It depends on what you believe the nature of sin and punishment to be. If punishment for sin is rehabilitation---to get the offender to never do it again---then of course there's no reason to punish a reincarnation that doesn't even remember the deed. However, if sin is some kind of stain on the soul, then you must do whatever is needed for it to be cleansed.

A society's fundamental truths affect everything about it.

Yaay finally an update!!
I like the debate going on in the comments. But one thing that personally feel like stories like this do, is make me strengthen my own beliefs.
Reincarnation is an interesting premise, but it seems very flawed. The idea that society affects the way you are reborn in this story is very interesting. What is right? What is wrong? How long would it take to repent? Why would it take generations, even if you don't remember? Why wouldn't you remember? This is a very philosophic story that's super interesting!!!

Aggregator gang
What I find interesting that different incarnations on the cover depicted with different hair shades. They didn't even bothered to match them properly.
Of course, it may be just to distinguish the characters, but given that they have pretty different builds it seems excessive.

This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I hate it

Maybe that's the pupose of this.

@Dudley
Are you saying incarnations should look really similar if not identical to their next lives?
@MinMan1
Agreed with the first statement, gonna keep reading though, this one is pretty good after.
Also,
Fuck glasses cunt.

Aggregator gang
@Mizumachi
This may be a bit of a spoiler for the newcomers, but everything is based on mangadex chapters.
Red hair was one of Haro's criterias, other being date of birth, if i remember correctly. If church pretended to find incarnations of him, makes sense to search for similar shades, as this is the sign of his soul. What this may mean is that:
1. They're lazy
2. They don't know how Haros look, so church goes off from vague "red"/only tries to match to the latest Haro.
3. His trial was too important to just fabricate records, so they have to find someone to keep in prison.
Important to note that this can be all at once. Also, now that I think about it, first Haro's crime might be defying reincarnation or something of this sort.

@Dudley
Up-to-date chapter spoilers
I agree, however, there could be a reason the Haros are different, maybe those people chosen as Haro were too important to the point where it couldn't be anyone else. They might have used this to compromise important children. They were going to stage a war just to kill Haro too.
What is the point of all the mumbo jumbo with Haro, is it that important to make Haros to complete the sentence, but kill them halfway too? Why? They will just chose another Haro to keep going with the sentence.
Can't wait for the answer, if there is one, hopefully there is.
That said, the church sucks.
[Spoilers]
Also, glasses can die.

Chapter 3.4 not working for anyone else?
Keeps saying chapter is unavailable.
All the other chapters are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread