Dex-chan lover
Um, non-native English speaker here. What does it mean "to become abundant" when talking about branch manager position? Open up?

Supporter
@HYBRID_BEING

It's an unusual expression, even for a native English speaker (American English). My first thought is that it's just an unusual or poor translation.

In this context, I'm guessing it to mean something like "the position of branch manager would be very easily attained after doing this task for us" or "the position of branch manager would be trivial; you'd receive even greater rewards for doing this task for us"

Hope this helps.

I also think that translation is, somewhat, odd.

It is not like the manager position is a kind of flower field, where the colors(seats) can be abundant.
What would she even do with more then one vacant position?

But the point gets through.

Dex-chan lover
Something is going on in the guild... they knew about the name jagan and whatnot.... they seem like they are suspicious of Skelly...

Group Leader
Whoa you can't just show my man naked like that without a nsfw tag

Yeah the position being abundant is rather nonsensical a statement. It probably means somewhere between more likely for her to getting the position to actually getting the position. And then the story dares to call this nonsensical statement "ominous". Instead I wonder if it's a bit of a mistranslation, but probably a tricky bit of translation so understandable

Responses to other commenters:
Since the gender of the MC is unknown,(and irrelevant anyway) I am using z beginning for gender neutral pronouns. I considered and tried "it" and "they" but both didn't seem to work as well.

She is not going to backstab zir. Not in a real way anyway. Maybe in a pretend way to get zim what ze wants thing.

MC is not "slow". I take it you mean slow as in stupid as in slow to understand. Ze knows she likes them, it's blazing obvious. But hiding with her isn't what ze wants. They want to get stronger, possibly wants to do what they can to stop the travesties about to unfold, and ze wants to find and protect zir succubus. Besides, ze wonders if she isn't considered a necromancer by the system and likes zir because of his special skill. Also if ze agreed the story would end and I like this comic and that would be a boring stupid ending. Well the story could go find them but that would limit it terribly and seem pretty stupid too. A MC isn't stupid simply because they don't jump on every female that crosses their path and shows they like them.

And to a different commenter, that beta nonsense, STFU man. You'll never believe me because you pin your identity to this alpha beta crap, but it is crap. And you call zir "beta" because ze works for what ze wants. And as previously mentioned, we actually don't know the gender of the skeleton MC. And regardless ze has no sexual desire, it's all irrelevant. If ze ran off to live with her, ze would be bored out of zir skull.

Aggregator gang
For some reason, the "ok, let's just RUN and go live in hiding" temptation of the main character scene is always incredibly divisive in any work that has it: it's either really good, or really bad, and it seems to create anger simply by existing. Remember the shitstorm around a similar scene in Re:Zero?

Skellington has a secret sidequest to complete, a long term goal he's working toward, and has repeatedly told Rena that he really doesn't care any more for her than for any of the other people he's tried to protect. He's using her to further his own agenda, the same way she used him back in the 'lure targets into the dungeon' plot, and while she may have developed feeling for him, he's never seemed to reciprocate beyond a business relationship and fulfilling his promises to protect her.

If she ends up backstabbing him, it's going to be because it's obvious that he's just using her (which she makes pretty obvious by telling him that he's the one who wants her promoted, despite her wishes). Hell hath no fury, and all that.

@truepurple The MC has a rather male-looking skeleton, with the pronounced brow and jaw, narrower male-style pelvis, and broader shoulders that result from the male growth pattern. I'm not sure it matters (because it's fairly clear he's probably asexual), but 'ze'/'zir' is really hard to read.

Yeah, He's not slow per say, just young. It seems like he only vaguely remembers being human. Maybe too much time passed since he first died and when he was resurrected as Mr Skeleton.

He has high intelligence, just low common sense, and this isn't his fault. Just a trait he has as a race of bones. As his wisdom increases, things should get easier for him and whoever he brings along with him

I'm starting to like the girl. She's on the verge of Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Good; which maybe a product of the world she lives in. I just wish they'd explore why she suddenly become so infatuated with him, this would settle her in my mind if she's a plotting bitch or a plotting friend.

Users who are viewing this thread