Dex-chan lover
God I fucking hate that kid. I know he is number 1 priority as the kids dad is a huge donor, but I'm sure his dad donates to the hero corp because he believes in protecting people, while the boy thinks of only protecting himself.

@Liquidxlax I wouldn't be so optimistic about that if I were you, we've seen his dad already and he was as much a piece of trash as he is. He's probably only paying the heroes so villains or monsters won't go after him.

ive never been so disappointed in this series as i was this chapter... to conclude a heavily built up fight like THAT is just...really sad and stupid. if it was going to be a trash ending, it couldve at least made sense or been funny.

Dex-chan lover
Page 19 : Ultimate Technique : Kicking the d!ck of your opponent with a chainsaw . That is so painful to watch : having his gems/jewels/nuts/balls sawed off .

Page 22 : another Ultimate Technique : Kicking with their long d!cks/their long 3rd legs , lol . They can even imbue Wind and Fire Attributes to their d!cks , lol .

The action of the rich sh!tty brat is understand-able , kind of : he has to get out of the monster hole ASAP , so no need to risk his life to waste precious time to search for the ugly brat , lol . Plus most of the gadgets of child emperor are already destroyed , so he can barely protect the rich sh!t .

And the ugly brat only gave the rich sh!t a piece of candy . No one would risk their own life over a piece of candy , lol .

Kinda disappointing on how the fight ended with Child Emperor and Phoenix, but that is just me. But Saitama finally makes an appearance!

Also rich brat needs to be slapped across the face.

Group Leader
All these people complaining how anti climactic the fight is, when the whole manga was built upon Saitama one punching the enemies. ?

At first, people were unhappy because the fight went on like a battle shonen.
Then, when the fight ends in a comedic way unlike a battle shonen, people think it's anticlimactic instead.
Tough crowd.

Anyway, I'm happy it's over. These last few chapters were entertaining and visually impressive as always, but the story has ground to a halt. I appreciate ONE and Murata taking their time fleshing out all the heroes before the grand climax of this arc, but I do think it could have been done in more interesting ways than a miniboss marathon.

Double-page supporter
I’m so happy it’s finally over lol. Good ending, I was wondering how he would win the battle. Was hoping it wasn’t gonna be bad lol.

/stares at rich brat/ ?...../deep breath/ ?...... and exhale... ????

I can’t blame kids because it’s always the parents fault. But damn that’s annoying lmao.

Did I miss the part where One Punch Man was solely a super serious shounen? It's been ridiculous the whole way through. People are upset with how this fight ended, but don't question Phoenix's background. His whole thing is that he couldn't take off a costume. You complain about a serious fight ending ridiculously when the premise was ridiculous the entire time.

Fed-Kun's army
If only that costume wasn't teared, that guy would've already surpassed all monsters. That's the only logical way to stop him

Double-page supporter
i wish the ninjas didn't exist, they don't really add anything

The fight ended perfectly. If this were a shounen, the big blast from mecha would've killed him. Thankfully this is a parody. To anyone who says they are disappointed, go read an actual shounen instead. This is what OPM is about.

Double-page supporter
Would child emperor kindly fuck off and die. I've had enough looking at him and his bs robots pulling things out of there asses.
That was such bullshit. Finally over.

Least Saitama being in the final moments saved this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what people are talking about. I loved both the wacky fight and the epic shounen part preceding it. This entire arc is just cool fights that end in stupid ways, so if you folks don't like it, you should probably just stop reading for a year or two.

On the other hand, hostage kid really is an obnoxious bastard. That's also the point, but doesn't make me wanna deck him one any less.

People saying that this, the Murata version, was ever a mockery or deconstruction of shonen genre are absolutely missing the point. It takes the tropes and subverts them and makes for fun storytelling moments with funny shortcuts or punchlines to dramatic setups, but Murata is 100% into shonen illustration and action scenes so that's what we get. That's what he's always done for this manga. If you don't like extended action scenes now, you need to reconfigure your expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread