@Compooky Donovan in chapter 1 literally mentions the lack of a "Clear" notification board to be broadcasted.

Double-page supporter
Huh? The cooking was vital to getting him in direct contact with the lord of the realm. Being the lords personal chef who serves him daily is about the best access you can have with a lord without being part of the inner court. Or were you expecting him to be placed directly in the palace as head chef?

For that to happen they would have to take over an established role in history and know everything about that person (such as speech patterns, personality quirks etc). If they come in as a "new hire", they don't have to worry about personality differences and can just be themselves, but they have to work their way up the ranks quickly in order to complete their objectives. Becoming an assistant chef at the exact time the lord was visiting the restaurant was essentially a fast track to getting to a place that would otherwise take status to achieve.

tbf even i thought he was talking too much for someone who was just serving the guy. LOL
what really would have he expected? he saying 'sure come and take care of this important matter kitchen guy'. xD
it is not like he is school genius coming to be the hero secretary... he literally came because of the good tea he made. hahahahaha
talk about going out of his boundaries, luckily it didn't matter since he found the clue from pram.. Pram angel came at the right time.

Dex-chan lover
@Kuraiaku : While I criticize this arc, I'll not drop the manhwa. And you talk about "build up" but for the moment the chapters don't build anything. Waiting =/= build-up, a correct build-up is about preparing before the grand event, or an increasing tension toward a dreaded problem.
Thing is, the MC (and pram) doesn't really prepare. They try to prepare but without success, they just wait that something happens and because they (and we) didn't know what will happen and when it'll happen we don't had any increasing tension.

So no tension and no preparation != build-up.

Now, things seem to change with the last image of this chapter. We finally see the problem and we have a count-down. But if the characters keep waiting aimlessly to magically find help it'll stay bad.

I must add that I'm just a little burned out because of all the build-up with Adjest. Since the very beginning of the manga, we got an amazing build-up on her usefulness and how she must joining MC's side. We got a show on her prowess, on all the difficulties they had to pass before she gets with the MC (because of her statue and the professor and Mc's companion who are against her joining MC's side), on all the difficulties where the MC need her (to get a full team, to get her power for later). All of that linked with her training with MC before officially joining his side... And when she finally got to join MC's side, when we finally got to the conclusion of this 50 chapter build-up... we got nothing... nothing and we just pass on another thing... So yeah, a half-assed build up like we got with the last 4 chapters is not good enough. It's really hard to create another build-up when you have one that is far more advanced.
Maybe if we got a real conclusion with Adjest I would appreciate better these last chapters... But beginning a new arc when the last one isn't finished? I don't really like it.

I'm still confused why he doesn't know what is going on. He already lived this, didn't he? Even if he was in a different role or somewhere else inside this shadow realm thing, shouldn't he still have some idea of what is going to happen and what to do?

what if after that last shadow quest, he's actually in a shadow universe/world now reliving how things would've went had he made a series of different decisions from the beginning. To win he has to return back to his previous quest before death(?). In a sense, shadow-ception lol

Okay, now I feel dumb. I didnt know why do I get familiar vibes from Returner since ch 1., but now I get it.

It feels the same as Legendary Moonlight Sculptor felt when I started reading it. Oh, the joy of quests and epicness.

So you are telling me there is a novel version of this one? *looks with begging eyes*

@Edyrm In Chapter 53 Desir was talking about the glove he needed to find again... I suppose it's possible he just knows it exists in this specific shadow world, but it really made it sound like he knew what he was getting into. If he's been in this shadow world before to get the glove, that would seem to imply he should have more knowledge of what's going on but... I guess not? It's just kind of odd, feels like a twist that maybe the author threw in to build some tension but doesn't seem to add up with what Desir claimed to know and experienced before.

So many haters in the comments lol. This is a good, fun series. Stop hatin.

I wonder how powerful Big Boss Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramírez will be and if he'll be roflstomped. He looks a little different from the time he was on Suite Life.

@unkownfactor I had forgotten about that glove, idk how he acquired it nor know how he got the info, I know he never went to this shadow world, he has been in other shadow worlds before, that may be a reason why he appears confindent, the author definitely left out some info.

@unknownfactor I read somewhere that he either got his hands on this glove second-hand or the glove he had was just a similar one from a different shadow world.

I think it's the case of information being lost in adaptation from the novel (although we might just get the information later instead). It sucks but since readers are already complaining about the slow pacing there's not much that can be done.

Dex-chan lover
Each shadow world is a different game in which they intervene. Then, what was that dragon that they fought?

Users who are viewing this thread