5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 10 Ch. 82 - Sisters’ War - Fifth Battle

Dex-chan lover
@hughmann

because we of the miku church understand that although god's plan may not be clear, it will lead to salvation

also nino's turned into a legit good girl, it's nice

In a interview, Negi talked about how he doesn’t like the “first girl” trope, So to avoid people saying “first girl wins” he introduced all 5 of the quints in chapter 1.

However the editor made him introduce Itsuki first (and have her in the centre in the Vol 1 cover) to make it easier for readers to understand.

What I think the editor means by this is that he/she thought it would be easier to introduce each of the quints one by one and have each get their moment of spotlight, rather than all at once which is what Negi had originally intended, and Itsuki had the best personality to kick the plot into gear (that’s just my interpretation though).

Moral of this little info drop is that all the quints have a chance since they’re all “first girl” making the first girl trope null void. So for all you saying you don’t like Itsuki/don’t want Itsuki to win because she’s first girl, you can relax now because if does indeed win, It won’t be for that reason.

Oh and If the last chapter didn’t drive the message home that “Harem ending ain’t happening” to you, Negi confirms that it ain’t happening.

@urappy honestly tho, if itsuki win, it's exactly gonna be the first girl win that everyone think of, no matter how they slice it.
her presence is too big in chapter 1. more so than the rest of the girls despite they all got introduced at the end of chapter 1.

Fed-Kun's army
@nobaka
nino is always a girl with good intention man, if it's about protecting her sisters

it's just that her methods are wrong at times.

@dend08 Yeah I can how some people would still think that but I stopped and thought about it and I really wondered how else would the plot have started/gone if Itsuki wasn’t the person Fuutarou saw in the cafeteria that day.

Plus the each quints moments with Fuutarou are decently balanced out so I don’t think her presence in chp.1 matters that much.

Double-page supporter
@Urappy his exact words? Because if so then what the hell was the point of hiding the other quints during the wedding, the fire dance thing, the gifts fuutarou wanted by given by each of them, the multiple wedding dresses, skipping the ringing and even the title to an extant if it's just going to be one of them?

Why even bother making 5 super likable heroines to the point that it's damn hard to even have a favourite if only one gets to be together with the MC and the other ships (and their supporters) get crushed? That seems downright cruel even more then regular harem manga with the dumb first girl trope.

I had hoped this might actually be a good harem romance manga with a believable or well done harem ending instead of a shoehorned-in copout one like most like the harem happening because each of the six deciding they want to be together instead of Yotsuba's reason for "making everyone happy" which got shot down but meeeeeeeh.

Probably just going to end with some stupid "symbolic" wedding with the unchosen sisters before MC and the bride leave if it's not a harem.

Best ending: Nino stepping on me on the way down the aisle to marry Futaro. Then i toss Itsuki a Snickers and give Yotsuba my shoulder to cry on.

@1986ctcel I’d link the interview but idk if I’m allowed to link stuff or not.

I think that people look too much into the holding hands at the the campfire moment. Remember what the quints said, they’re 5 parts to a whole. What I got from that is that no matter which one Fuutarou marries, he has to put up with the other 4 for the rest of his life.

Also about the multiple dresses, skipping the rings, and sisters hiding at the wedding. What I think and what some others think is that the quints threw Fuutarou into one last quintuplet game to see if he’s worthy or not the marry the bride.

I thought harem ending was possible but as time went on, I started to think it would just be a massive cop out imo.

Double-page supporter
@1986ctcel I think the point of harem manga is make the heroines as likeable as posible to appeal to every reader

And I agree the scene with the multiple wedding dresses inmediatily made me think of a harem ending, I remember seeing an ero manga with a similar conclusion, but the idea of puting a harem wedding in a shonen manga sound really difficult so even if I want a harem ending I doubt the editors will let it happen

Dex-chan lover
Can we please not keep secrets from Yotsuba? She's too pure for all this backstabbing.

Fed-Kun's army
#NinoMiku or #MikuNino whatever you called it. In before Yotsuba dropping a nuke far greater than those four... Also, remember guys, Ichika is the one who make this becoming more "interesting".

At this point, I don't care if Miku or Nino wins. Even Itsuki would be a good ending. As long as Ichika doesn't win. She's the worst.

Dex-chan lover
It took me a while to realize that Ichika is going to use Itsuki's advantage to win.

Fed-Kun's army
miku fans are desperately holding on to the crumbling foundation of the church. Hang in there.

what would be kewl is if instead of Negi deciding who will be the bride, he takes a poll from all fans to determine who will be the👰.....5 way tie, harem ending!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread