5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 10 Ch. 83 - Sisters' War - Sixth Battle

Dex-chan lover
The scanlation drama is strong with this one. I like the translation here better so I guess I'll follow this group.

@PlanOfInaction I don't know... i wouldn't be so sure that she is going to behave like a good sister after everything that she has done...

Even in the page where she is in the D course, she says "... My stomach hurts..." So maybe she is going to cheat again, escaping D course with the excuse of stomach, and then going to see Fuutaru in E course.

Huh so I read the comments on this scanlation first to see if it was worth reading and yup sure was I understood a lot more... Glad I didn't just mark it as read.

Group Leader
HQ scans, better typesetting and a more accurate translation. I guess this group new group wins hands down. Thanks for the chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
@Di3GO95 it’s the author’s way of misleading the readers. Not the first time and not even a rare thing in his manga. She basically got trashed by Futarou so this is her way of saying “Alright, you win just this time” to Miku.

Edit: If you compared the page she smiled at and the page before it (where there’s only a panel of her lips smiling) it’s obvious what the author wants to convey. First, reveal that Ichika got hold of an important piece of info to group with Futarou. Next, show an evil smile in that small panel. Then next page, a full panel of her smiling. She could be scheming, or smiling in acknowledgement of her sisters.

Of course, this requires context, which you will get fast-forward a few pages where it is announced that she is in group D instead. Now that full-panel smile makes sense: she was smiling as a big sister setting up chances for Miku. It’s her way of making up to all she has done to Miku and also a nod of defeat, albeit only this event.

This newer translations is definitely more understandable, I'm glad I reread it.

Fuutarou caught Ichika in 2 lies and I think the guilt is finally catching up with her. Now, not only does Ichika think she "lost" but she might think Fuutarou hates her, so she is purposely using her insider information to not see him. Hence, the "evil" smile she has is actually regret and pain, to the point of her stomach hurting. At least that is my interpretation.

Group Leader
I took a look at both and this one is better translation (save for aesthetic font use)

Fed-Kun's army
The girl in D course could very well be Miku, and the "Miku" in E could still be Ichika.

"Ichika" is saying her stomach hurts. So either it's because she's Ichika and feels bad for messing up (or is plotting), or she's Miku who's still feeling in the dumps (and wearing a short hair wig)
"Miku"'s headphones in the last panel of page 19 look like they could be either of their headphones since her hair is covering the arm holding the cup
Miku's headphones have a more substanial arm supporting the cylindrical cups compared to Ichika's rounded cups supported by the flimsy C style arms
Both of their headphones have almost similar patterns in the middle. However in the last page, her headphones do appear to be Miku's.

Fed-Kun's army
@lurker123 Miku has no reason to disguise herself tho. That would be dumbass writing if Ichika pulls the same shit again and Miku just goes along with it.

Double-page supporter
When you read all those title tea of course eatsuki would take food related, garden for jogging, and oda for history...

Soooo, um... delete the worse quality dropout release pl0x? Just to go with the same asspulled rules made up past weeks. Keke.

Fed-Kun's army
I think that Ichika simply says "my stomach hurts" as a jokeful answer to whether she likes Japanese History.

Users who are viewing this thread