5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 11 Ch. 88 - A Certain Boy and I ①

Yotsuba is the best character in this manga. And her backstory is fucking heavy.

Double-page supporter
Yotsuba, please don't despair. You'll find a new goal to study for ;_;

this vol is all for yotsuba!!!
But what's itsuki planning to do? I dont think she like him much as the others (just some feelings more than friend but lower than crush). She might be realize all of it from the chapter in hospital (when fuu talk about the past to her) and try to get her own purpose from that. I guess all she did is for her sisters when she want to act for their mom instead. I'm looking forward to vol 11 for this youngest sister and the girl whom I still think that have the highest chance to win this war from the first vol

I got the impression of Snape from the quint's step father, with what their mother said about him being her fans or something...

@Oculunus

I don't think Itsuki was claiming or pretending to be the Yots Fuu met 5 years ago.

She showed up in Chapter 42 to take away the pic in his handbook and say goodbye. She didn't claim to be any of the quints at that particular time... Just the girl in the pic. I guess some attempt to have him not connect the sisters to the pic. But... Itsuki made the mistake of calling herself Rena when Fuu asked her name which caught his attention when he find out later that the quints mother was named Rena. She did give him the charm which I am guessing just coincidence and didnt realize that the charm could link her back to the sisters.

So the author basically misdirected us in leading us to connect that Itsuki/Rena in ch 42 = first girl (Yots).

Later chapter before Kyoto, it looked like Itsuki was anxious and wanting to spend time to tell Fuu she was Rena and first girl.

But reality is that with everything going crazy with the other sisters going after Fuu, I believe now her plan in Kyoto was to show up as Rena, reveal that it's she Itsuki dressed as Rena, and clear the air and tell Fuu that first girl was Yotsuba.

At end of trip with Yots walks up to Itsuki, you hear her say sorry for pretending to be you (because now Fuu had linked Rena to one of the sisters but doesnt know which one), Yots says that it's ok and when Itsuki says it's time to let Fuu know that Yots was the first girl in Kyoto, Yots says it's ok to leave it the way it is.

Put a pair of headphones on the mom and you can see Miku has her moms facial expression. 😀

@Talismaster
This is the right mentality right here, rereading puts a HUGE perspective shift on how you view Yotsuba's """"genki'""" actions before.

Want some more great parallels?
Shotarou, despite taking a great many photo of his 'puppy love' crush Takebayashi, she never looked into him as the one behind the camera.
He's greatly shook in the first page just by TWO PANELS, where loli!tsuba smiled his way inside the frame.

Later on her first words upon meeting current Fuutarou at ch.1 is 'You finally looked my way'

As for loli!tsuba's perspective, i'd argue page 14 is the singular moment she fell for Shotarou.
One panel has her looking starstruck by his studying for their families speech, the next has her LITERALLY having stars in her eyes after the word 'necessary'.

This stars-in-eyes pattern is only observed ONE TIME on Yotsuba other than this occasion, which is when Raiha talked about who Fuutarou's """first love""" was, the girl in the photo.
Guess who's the girl in the photo now?

@bamboeng

When Raiha mentioned that the girl in the pic Fuu has hidden away in his handbook is his first love, Raiha didn't know that the girl was one of the quints... and didn't know which quint it is... so it can be any of the quints.

But!!... Fuu didn't respond, or didn't get a chance to respond, to her statement so, what Raiha said... could be true.

But!!... Fuu didn't know he spent the evening with two sisters so we are not sure which girl he may have fell in love with... the girl he spent the day with?? Or the girl he spent the evening with?? 😲

So, technically, is Yotsuba now the "first girl" or is it still Itsuki? I remember Negi claiming he didn't like the first-girl-wins troupe, but now I don't know whom he's considering the first girl (first one introduced or fist one chronologically) (there's also the fact that Ichika can technically be considered the first girl too, in a way, and that Itsuki pretended to be Rena for a while... which only leaves Miku and Nino as certain "not-first-girls").
In Nisekoi, at least, the first girl was both, so I don't know how to analyze this.

@dummyaccount12345

Both... first girl Kyoto Yotsuba and first girl Chapter 1 Itsuki... so both first girls lose. Negi is so sly in doing that. I'll keep to myself who I think wins.

TIme to re-read some of the older chapters now... Oh. Ohhhhhh-
27.png

...accessory matching hair style, even!!!! And of course, the next page when she says he finally looked her way.

excuse me i need to know what happens in the timeskip of when they were separated

Users who are viewing this thread