5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 11 Ch. 93 - Tsun-dere-tsun

Dex-chan lover
I know Nino drugged Fuutarou twice but since she's cute I'll let it slide.

Ebin

@halovn113
I do not think that is coincidence at all.
Rather, it is clear that when a chapter focuses on the relationship between Nino and Fuutarou, Maruo is always present-coincidence? I don't think so. Hell, there are several signs in this chapter that indicates that Fuutarou is attracted to Nino. Whether that means he is romantically interested to her I am not sure-Negi keeps it vague.

6 signs in this chapter that show Fuutarou is certainly attracted to Nino if not have feelings for her.

1. Reading the romance guide book just before meeting with Nino.

2. Being clearly bothered by Nino's sudden change of personality when he is expecting her to be head over heals for him.

3. Actively using the 'lessons' in the romance guide book during his interactions with Nino.

4. Thought Nino is "adorable", then be taken aback by her "don't touch me" response.

5. Giving flowers to Nino, and then saying that the flowers are for their mother.
[ul]A bit less strait forward to notice. Fuutarou knows Nino treasures her family the most, even more than him so it is an effective way to please Nino-saying that the flowers are for their mother. See how Nino reacts when being given the flowers? She isn’t buying that he's giving her the flowers, rather what made her drop her act is what he tells her afterwards, and that is it's for their mother, someone whom she treasures more than him. It works in the end.[/ul]
6. "Didn't you actually come to hate me", "You had me scared there"
[ul]Nino practically proposes to Fuutarou 😱, and he didn't reject her. One thing I think most us will agree is that Fuutarou is blunt and insensitive(when it comes to romance). He could have rejected her here if he wanted to but he didn’t. Nino's intentions are very clear and Fuutarou's response is "didn't you actually come to hate me", "you had me scared there" indicates that he prefers Nino liking him while blushing in the process. Fuutarou has blushed with the other quints before but never during only a conversation to someone whose already confessed(multiple times in this case) to him and no skinship is involved.[/ul]

Nino and Fuutarou are practically doing the dating game in this chapter.
6gals50epb931.png

I'd say smug Nino is justified.

I honestly think Nino is endgame and the remaining arcs are to resolves any remaining issues between Fuutarou and the rest of the quints. The two of them just click in a way the others don't. Yotsuba was a coward, Miku was indecisive, Ichika was treacherous, and Itsuki was too slow to realise and act upon her feelings. Notice how Fuutarou doesn't embody any of these traits. He's blunt, straightforward, confident, courageous and has a no-bs attitude. Guess who else is like that? Nino and her Fuu-kun are a great match and she's totally rocking the mom look in the future-past chapter cover.

Group Leader
I'm putting in all my chips on Nino, even if she turns out not to be end game. This chapter did it for me. She's the best.

Dex-chan lover
@shahzehan Two persons share the same personality doesn't mean they can be a good couple. 2 blunt persons can lead to both of them lashing out at each other in the long run. Good couple complement each other.

Again - the best chemistry is with Nino. All the best chapters are with her. The way she is written is a level above every other girl, almost as good as someone from a good romance, like Toradora.

Supporter
nino trying to be team corgi or something over here, jeez

Isn’t pull being nice and push being a jerk? Nino did the opposite of the phrase.

@kent12121
You are correct, technically. However it doesn’t feel like that at all. The reason is simple: that “drugging” was a typical cartoonish cliche comedy gag with zero realism. Readers subconsciously don’t treat it as something that actually happened, because it wasn’t a big deal in the story.

What Ichika did was 1. a big part of entire story arc, 2.very realistic and common moral problem (normal, real people fight for their own love, anything else is anti-Darwinistic). This was both: shown as substantial in the story and actually is substantial in real life.

Dex-chan lover
@jet45s I know right, I've been waiting since the start for a Yotsuba arc only to get 3 chaps of flashbacks. That's not a present day character growth, so her character basically hasn't changed at all 😫 if she's gonna be a contender she gotta do something fast cuz I feel this manga has one more volume left.

Also ugh Nino. Not gonna lie they had us in the first half. Personally I get why Negi-sensei needed to revert her back to Tsundere mode for story purposes, but I reallllllly don't like that kind of attitude, even when it's just an act. Well that's just my opinion anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread