5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 13 Ch. 111 - The Last Festival - Itsuki's Side ③

Lmao, this author's fetish really came out in these past few chaps. The "dad" is literally that ugly bastard tag in hentai. I almost wish the mom was raped, (don't get triggered, let me finish) because I find it absolutely ridiculous she would choose THAT THING over an average joe, let alone their adoptive father. Who we know didn't exactly hide his feelings from the mom and she knew of them the whole time while in school.

Honestly, this is the reason I normally choose to avoid serious romances. For whatever reason, most authors seem to think heavy drama and angst is the only way to progress the story or keep readers interested. I mean, hell, the author already has a shitstorm coming his way. He introduced FIVE different heroines that all love the MC, that are quintuplets and just by those two points alone, is already full of drama as it is.

Idk, I just feel like this was a bit too forced even for this kind of manga.

Aggregator gang
This old ugly bastard, still badmouthing Rena (mama) after banging her (maybe nonstop) which resulted for having a quints if he's the true biological father. Still hoping this oldie-baldy is not the real biological father.

Unless Itsuki was the one to kiss Fuutaro back by the sea, I think it's safe to say she's out of the race.

@sleepyhead: Actually, I think that's what he just realized. At this point he's kissed all 5 of them, and I think he knows which one he kissed back at the sea, and by not showing the kiss with Itsuki, the author is strongly hinting that Itsuki is the one.

Which is a shame, because I've always been a Miku fan.

Reading this arc makes me realize that Negi needs to extend the chapter. There are too many things that need to be explained and 2/3 Vol is not enough.

BTW this arc is CHEAP. Even as Itsuki fan, i think this arc is CHEAP.

98% confirm, its Yotsuba ending guy

I love this manga, but I feel this arc was pretty underwritten. The biological father was introduced very suddenly and there was basically no twist or interesting development introduced through him. He makes Itsuki doubt herself for basically half a chapter before being banished by the entire cast.
At least the ending without kiss seems to confirm that this manga seems to go with a classic overall story. Itsuki was built up massively in the early chapters and out of all the sisters, she has the most classic relationship with the protagonist. She shares a similar dream (become teacher), her interest in him seems less like a crush and more slowly developed, she was the first to meet his family and she's lived with him for a short while already.
Considering some of these developments in the early chapters, it would feel pretty strange as an overall story if she didn't end up becoming the bride in the end. All the other Quints started to show interest in him very late.

@greatninja3 - Well, the kids are only 16-17, and she had them pretty soon after HS sooo not quite back that far, lol. I mean sure, some people age differently but dude, that THING? Nah, he was fugly bastard back then as well, I can feel it in me nuggets. Jk, maybe he was, just need to wait for a flashback I guess (if he really is the father).

I think she Kissed him, based on the reaction of Uesugi and the position of their foot, but it's just my wild guess and the last panel where the translators put their meme though...I think I can clearly see who's the bride or I'm just assuming xD

While I can certainly agree that the Mudo guy was annoying AF... it kind of felt like that arc with Takeda. Seems to be either a signature style, or a side-effect of how he paces the series, to have these kind of abrupt moments, which is most obvious when a new character enters the scene. What I do probably appreciate is that the characters that are introduced in this way are not one-scene wonders or characters that linger for too many chapters; they come in, and stay or go depending if the setting requires it of them. Of course not everyone will agree, and I'd say, it's fine to be fed up with the geezer (he can rot in hell for all I know).

I don't get what Mitsukai is trying to say, as if they have some grand understanding of this select few chapters, but I presume it's one of Itsuki's rare arcs for her development, especially with her trying to step away from her mother and make that clear not only to herself, but "to her father." Among the five sisters, Itsuki has been the hardest to describe, personality/character-wise, as the credit page notes, so in ways, it's nice that she is getting something to help at least give her more bulk than a glutton goblin. But I do fear.... that end of the chapter was like a slap in the face that she was the bell-kisser... and I don't like that...

@Zenzif I'd think they didn't kiss, and Negi just set it up as if they would to continue the trend of the chapters... but Fuutaro's reaction makes it more like he was expecting yet another kiss, but it didn't happen, so his mental knees gave out.

@GreenMoriyama Yep after reading it again I guess its why he gave off a creepy laugh and kinda lost it a little, and if she's the Bell kisser then I think we have winner based on what I've read from the fandom page.

Dex-chan lover
Started out great but I feel like the story were so underwhelming now.

What the fuck happened in this arc?

I admit, I spent this whole arc expecting the twist of "You're not their real father" or something. Still kinda wish it had gone that way, that dude sucks.

Dex-chan lover
You're clearly all mistaken. The truth is that the mother is still alive and she'll be the bride.

"I could teach you, if you'd like, how a true father should be" What are you gonna teach him? How to abandon your kids?

Dex-chan lover
This was so forced wtf.

"what the fuck do i do with Itsuki i havent developed her at all i cant possibly throw more food jokes .... can i ? No lets save that for an emergency lets have an even shittier father figure appear so that our current shitty father figure can have a bit of a redemption, lets throw in a bamboozle about her romantic feelings as well"

Genius.

No kiss hu ? Its for the best tbh again she truly never felt like a love interest, what a way to bamboozle us with that fake out ...

Dex-chan lover
Man... page 5. Their dad burned that old moving pile of shit so bad. It was so satisfying. I went from thinking the dad was "meh" to "I fucking like him."
And if the mother was the bride... we haven't seen much of her (personality wise) but God, she is a bombshell. If any of the quints get to be that sexy... fuck...

Users who are viewing this thread