5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 9 Ch. 70 - The Responsibilities of the Class Representative

Double-page supporter
ohh boy... the typical rival is here... now the question is... what type of rival is he? studies? love? or something about fuutarou "dark" past?

Dex-chan lover
OOOH I like the small reference to Fuutarou's rivalry since he's an Uesugi. His self proclaimed rival the pretty boy is a Takeda.

Miku could have a nerd moment from this.

Fed-Kun's army
Nino's player detector ?
The same one that made her suspicious of Fuutarou in the first chapter ?

Aggregator gang
How can they not distinguish the quints at all? Although I don't remember their names on the first time I read, their accessories are enough distinction for me to tell who is who.
Are you sure they are *highschool* students?

Dex-chan lover
Now I finally see how Yotsuba will join the fight by spending time with Fuutarou as class rep but i still don't know how itsuki will enter.

Fed-Kun's army
Miku reaction is really gold in this chapter! Also, damn... that's some "sneaky" move there, Yotsuba. Bet she's trying to hog Futarou all by herself.

hmm... now that I think about it, yotsuba is probably the one who kissed him because she felt left out? xD I mean, the other 4 seems to have feelings for him, so why not join in on the fun! XD

and with the ending hmm... probably let's just go with the harem end xD hahahah switch and keep on switching, and also if I were to choose 1 why do I feel like I gravitate to nino?

On one hand it feels like the artist's forcing it with that "Wow Uesugi-kun's so smart he can tell the quintuplets apart" angle, but on the other I still remember beginning this manga and taking a bit of trouble to remember which name goes with which accessories. For a lot of the quintuplets' classmates this might be their first time seeing more than one of them at a time, so maybe this result was fair, even if not conveyed the best.

...Except, maybe, for the fact that Fuutarou when first seeing the sisters together assumed they were a group of friends, not sisters. Hm.

Also nice catch by @Umesan with that Takeda-Uesugi rivalry.

EDIT: Oh hey, here's another neat detail. The whole class is arranged in Japanese alphabetical order - that's why the Nakano siblings are all sitting in a row, with the order of Ichika-Itsuki-Nino-Miku-Yotsuba (since the alphabet goes ta-chi-tsu-te-to, na-ni-nu-ne-no, ha-hi-fu-he-ho, ma-mi-mu-me-mo, etc.).

Double-page supporter
Aaand the a**hole ikemen character appears, hope that Ueasugi resolves this arc quickly with a fist.

There's no harem route. There's no ambiguity. It's #5, always been #5, and will be #5. This is not a mystery.

I'm expecting to see mainly Yotsuba chapters in the next few chapters. Seeing her do her things is pretty relaxing.

While I do think that Takeda is annoying already, I feel that he'd turn out to be the opposite of a bad guy later.

Users who are viewing this thread