5Toubun no Hanayome

Fed-Kun's army
Number 4 win!!!

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@0181sam
The problem with that is that Fuutarou's poverty has been an informed attribute. Unlike say, Bokuben's Yuiga, Kaguya's Shirogane, or hell, let's go further back and talk about Maison Ikkoku's Godai, whose poverty actively impacts their lives in a negative way and molds their characters, I've never really saw either Fuutarou or his family struggle, except for some vague "yeah, I've gotta study and work hard as a teacher." The family apartment is nice enough, the sister looks well behaved and well fed and the dad looks to be pretty cozy with winners in life like the quints' doctor stepfather. Instead of a heavy burden, the whole debt setting reminded me of Hayate, a cheap excuse to have the MC be over competent and have an excuse for him to get to be with hot girls who were bound to fall in love with him. Even when the quints' father tested him with that "rival" guy, he still seemed relatively unfazed when he seemingly effortlessly took over first place. How easily his own situation takes second place to help the quints with their own issues to the point of risking a supposedly "much needed job" to help them does nothing but further prove my point. Sure, he's a nice guy, but as nice as he is, would he really risk the well paid job if he really felt that cornered?
And that's why him feeling pressured by his background and watching Yotsuba as a shining beacon of hope sounds like a copout. If he really felt that cornered, he is a hell of an actor, because I barely felt in the whole story, even figuring out who Rena was seemed to be more important in his eyes. Yotsuba being the winner feels less the result of an organic development and more like Negi choosing the option that would cause the least backlash. Ichika, Nino and Miku had very passionate fans well ready to go at each others' throats, while an Itsuki ending would have enraged the whole fanbase.

If 5toubun was a VN this honestly felt like jumping to Yotsuba's ending from the freaking common route. There's a narrative that could have been applied to all the quints, but all of them were woefully lacking, as if we needed an actual route instead of vague hints that honestly could have meant anything. Technically Miku was the first one to truly side with him, Nino was the first one to fall for him, Ichika taught him to act a little more selfish and Itsuki's support with the Rena thing "let him go of his past". Every quint had excuses to win, and that's what made it so hard to pinpoint a winner from the get go until the last chapters, as this whole discussion here, in reddit and in the incessant 4chan threads you have pulled that screenshot from showed, with people claiming left and right until the very last moment that their quint had this on the bag.

I don't know why but deeply in my heart.
I really hope yotsuba reject him or anything. I feel it's unfair.
God. I really want yotsuba die anymay.
No offense. Just my opinion

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Isekaijin

Exactly, instead of story development it seems more like just author pick. At this point all sisters have done a lot for him and they got own share of misfortune in life. Also if like now choice isn't from plot progression author could just end it at Kyoto trip arc.

I like to compare this to Agatha Christie "Guess Who?" story type , but instead of murderer you have bride. And sticking with this comparison, here all clues instead of hinting final girl were used to justify author decision- who played way too safe for the most part, leaving it so open.

I don't say manga is bad or something like that (like I said at the moment 7/8 out of 10 for me), but it should be point out.
Details and writing like this makes difference between just good story and very good/ excellent.

Group Leader
@FranKING dude do you even read, he knows who’s the girl in the past and who is Rena, he told Rena that he would focus on what is happening in the present and let go of the past

People talking smack about mc now that best girl won, but everybody forgets they aint married yet... we got room gor more shenaanigans

Damnn I was hoping he'll choose Nino

Code:

To be completely honest this does not deserve the 8/10. This is more of a 7/10. Lot of things missing in the romance and drama department. Lot of things got badly executed as well.
Only thing this show can boast of is the art and somewhat the characters. Other than that its closer to mediocre than good.
Biggest issue I had is the MC being completely uninterested in girls in general. Even at the
Yotsuba love confession
he still looked stoic.

@konzolmester The art isn't even that good. I paid close attention to the series every panel, and it gives me the "cutting corners" feeling. The panels that aren't meant to be focused on looks sloppy meanwhile the page spreads tend to look really amazing. It's hard to ignore that drop in quality.

People wanting to get into this reading the comments, take all this salt below with a grain of salt. A harem love comedy is in it’s final phase, expect the Dead Sea.

My man picked Yotsuba, but the ending will probably be on spring 2020 so Plot twists coming right up XD

Code:

xoj5nxGm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread