5Toubun no Hanayome

10/10 for me! The main character has a great personality! The girls are all spunky and fun. The authors ability to call back to an event that happens in the very beginning to help you emote is incredible.
My one reccomdation is to not look ahead in the story. It's totally worth it to go on the journey!

So, question (spoiler in question):

Does Yotsuba actually ever tell the MC that it was actually her that he originally met when they were kids? I don’t remember seeing her say that.

Dex-chan lover
@PhantomNull00

No. But in the last chapter, when she it's says something about how he doesn't know everything about her, it's implied that she was going to tell him that later.

@chewiie dude, first season had like 30 chapters, 2nd season will end at chapter 60s
after Nino’s confession
. So, logically it’ll take 4 seasons to complete 120 chapters or 3 seasons if they did 24 episodes or added OVAs.

Fed-Kun's army
Question: is the romance serious? Or is it all lol whatever. And Is there a clear winner from the start? Or is it romance with the whole harem?

Fed-Kun's army
@calmbreez is the romance serious?
basically, everyone fell in love because "you're the first one to (fill with verb) with me"
which is the backbone most of harem manga, but pretty shallow for romance genre

is there a clear winner from the start?
no, kinda..
i mean there's only one clear winner at the end, but you'll probably making "wtf face" when reading the last chapter

Fed-Kun's army
Wait is this even a real harem or is it another trashy fake harem?
If so the harem tag really needs to be used better.

Liked the characters and story, but this suffered from the same problem all harem manga have MC doesn't end up with all the girls. Feeling sad for the other girls not getting MC or the one you liked is a flaw to me in the harem genre. Unlike most harem at least the ending actually committed to a girl and didn't leave it open to imagination. I can't express how frustrating this is. Harem in general lacks depth ironically. I prefer slice of life romcom focused on 1 on 1 romances, but I'd like to see one pull off a harem that actually ends that way. The closest I've come to liking a harem plot was that one I can't remember about a guy stuck juggling Yandere harem or girls with different mental disorders being totally depressed about it now that had potential! I need to find that and see if it got axed or not. I'd really like to know what a good harem is if it exists at all.

I really thought Itsuki was going to be the chosen girl. Yotsuba was probably the worst one in terms of development but she had the most potential, too bad it this manga didn't give her the development to make this manga make sense and author just slapped her with Fuu. Personally I liked Miku and Nino but these characters were destined to not be paired with MC. I secretly hoped for a harem end.

@Rach1d from what I remember of Ichigo 100% he doesn't end up with main girl or am I wrong? If so that was a huge let down. I liked the busty girl and that never happend which supports my theory about what's wrong with Harem genre. I haven't read the world only god knows.

@AncientPlunger Uhhh apparently not but ew. Why everyone want the mc to have ALL the girls?? Men who can’t choose one person to be with are weak-minded, disgusting, greedy, and just sad, PeriodT. I am so GLAD he chose only one woman to be with through his life. However, I don’t like who he chose tho tbh. Her personality is boring. I had high hopes for Itsuki but oh well.

@CardiBSlays In these harem stories, there's always someone who gets hurt. Call me a pussy, but for whatever reason that always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So I really can't help but root for all of them to reach some sort of satisfying ending. So, it's not that I'm greedy, it's just that i sympathize/im a pussy.

@AncientPlunger Lmao 😂. Calling yourself a pussy is a lil too much lol. Dw they’ll find someone else to be with. I mean, it’s not like the mc is the only man for them and the only person they can be with. Letting them go rather then keeping them all is actually a good thing bc it gives them the luxury to find someone else for them. I mean, it’s just life 🤷🏽‍♀️. If a man/woman don’t want you, find someone else~ There’s plenty of fish in the sea.

God I miss this manga.

The ending is not rushed, but Negi should prolonged the story by 1-2 arc, IMO.

Anime is 6 months away :(

Miku was my favorite. Also, I might be getting this mixed up with a different manga, but is this the one where one of the girls like... Jumps out a window and the mc jumps after her and then he gets hurt?

Users who are viewing this thread