Double-page supporter
@twinklecake the way I'm interpreting it is that the areas covered by the shadow are unlivable in the real world, and the shadow is spreading, so they have to suppress the shadow as it spreads or else there will be no where else to live. The only way to suppress the shadow is to re-enact the moment in history where the shadow overtook the area and rectify the situation.

Dex-chan lover
the story so far feels like a mess... at the start of the webtoon it was fighting some boss monster.... then comes the rewind back after near death... then MC making things right by becoming strong... then this mix time travel rpg settings vr games like mission that i dont get it...

Fed-Kun's army
jvuhesg.jpg

@zetsuravez:
then this mix time travel rpg settings vr games like mission that i dont get it...

If you don’t get it, I really wonder if you’ve been reading this webnovel or just looking at the pictures.

It has been explained multiple times that the “shadow” encroaching on the world that is eating it up contains on the inside events of the past, thus when people go inside they relive these moments and to get out / destroy the shadow, they have to “clear” the scenario by not letting history repeat itself.

Of course this doesn’t have any effect on the world’s real timeline, they aren’t changing the past.

Dex-chan lover
Well, thats a shitty cliffhanger that is probably not even close to the real issue which most likely is a faction that will go nuts and kill the vagrants in the name of the city which doesn't have a crime issue nor food shortage, even after giving food to the Estebans, wonder how long it will take.

Fed-Kun's army
What are vagrant?... and i think we Need a romance Tag 😂😂 adjest waifuu

Dex-chan lover
Finally it's time!
Our forgotten waifu comes.
...I forgot her name.

Dex-chan lover
@Notsuki_Ame
"It has been explained multiple times that the “shadow” encroaching on the world that is eating it up contains on the inside events of the past, thus when people go inside they relive these moments and to get out / destroy the shadow, they have to “clear” the scenario by not letting history repeat itself."

that is the point...
you have this shadow encroaching the world and to eliminate the shadow they should go inside of this part of the world affected by shadow and relieve the past of that place and change the course of that past which does not affect the history itself... and then you have this game like hud/mission popping out which is probably possible because of the effect of shadow... and if they manage to clear their mission they could get items...
its as if the shadow is some kind of entity that any place affected by it becomes a setting of an rpg game...
and that what makes the story for me looks like messed up...

The biggest problem I have with the shadow world is that it seems to overturn all the party building that has been done before that point.
If a party members will be separated at the beginning of the quest, with no way to communicate with each other for the majority of the quest, what is the point of building a balanced party? If party member cannot meet each other until the quest allow them, why not just sent 4 random people into any shadow world since they cannot work with each other anyhow?
Even if the party members must be inserted into roles in the quest, the party needs to at least be able to choose who will take on which role, and how the ability of each member can be maximized. As it is, what or who decides the role each party member will take on? If Romantica took the role of assistant, she will butt head against the chef for sure and not get out of the kitchen at all. This shadow world story is turning into a visual novel game, which is against the whole scheme of the story.
I can see several ways about this. One is, the "power behind" wants the quest to be completed so no matter who takes on what role, the quest will be completed. Two, it is random, and if the wrong people get assigned a role they are bad at, the quest will fail. Three, the shadow world want to trap the people inside, so it will assign impossible roles like being vagants to the players so they can never clear the quest.
Being assigned a pre-determined role in a quest is just so wrong in a story that is supposedly about showing the bad part of having pre-determined roles like alpha and beta, nobles and commoners.

Users who are viewing this thread