Double-page supporter
What the fuck? medium-rare steak is just like a raw meat.. Disgusting.

Dex-chan lover
@amaisuika
What are you talking about, medium rare is the best way to have steak.
Anything more ruins the taste and texture

Dex-chan lover
Just when i thought they ran out of idea for mafia joke they strike again WONDERFUL

Group Leader
@Snakeykid1 Yes, I have friends from Benin and Nigeria. My full-time job requires me to be outside about 70% of the time. What does any of that have to do with making n-word jokes?

Double-page supporter
dude was really having a bbq inside his house and tatsu just joined like nothing lmaooo this is too much 😂
also i like how this big tough looking guy talks all politely and has the whitest name ever Bob lmfao

Dex-chan lover
I thought Bob was gonna be cool, what the fuck is he doing eating a non-rare steak.

Dex-chan lover
@mirp448
whitest name? Not cool, man. You don’t know Bob Sapp? I know an older fella that were named Robert and preferred to go by Bob.

Realistically, it’s probably because Bob is an “easy” western name to read or pronounce.

Anything above medium-rare is a blasphemy toward the meat. Go back to your home, Bob.

@permisan I found it strange when I first heard of it as well but I started working in kitchen (culinary); I had a few Jamaican colleagues and they only eat meat that is cooked well done (and consider anything else is "raw") and I've asked them and a few other friends about that.
It comes down to cultural way the grew up with how the meal/food is cooked. (Usually meats are cooked for hours ie simmering and stewing)

My some of friends' parents are like that as well but some of my friend's eventually started to enjoy some meats cooked to medium

Fed-Kun's army
@permisan I would say from being black. When my families(mom&dad) and other black/latino families BBQ, shits are never red. Obviously not all black people like it crispy, but that resonates with me and its a large group that it also does. I didn't think white people or people outside of that community/culture would really know or notice that, so I'm surprised this mangaka actually put that in his manga as a character detail and , frankly, its the punchline of the whole thing! I feel noticed as I never really see black people in manga, and they never usually have personalities other than "BLACK" and depending on who's writing it, it can feel ignorant.

Dex-chan lover
Now, now, people, every human being is entitled to his own opinion on how he likes his food.

Of course, people who eat their meat red aren't human beings so their opinion don't count.

I'll have steak tartare before I'll eat a rare steak. Either cook it or don't.
Some cuts, like sirloin, are good at medium-rare, many others are better at medium.
A good fatty ribeye can be cooked as much as medium-well.
Preferring well-done steak is either a sign of past trauma (like food poisoning) or is a serious character flaw.
Bob probably cut into the steak before it had sufficient time for the heat to finish the carryover cooking.
Always remember to rest your meat!

Users who are viewing this thread