Is it me or the author is trying to make Eren like a big vilain mastermind ???

And to "it has been hinted since chap 1" peoples, throwing some hints to legitimize a bullshit some years later isn't the good answer imo.

Even if it has been hinted us mongrels aren't that clever to notice, it doesn't change the fact that we just received a HUGE information just like that.
So of course people would be disturbed, that's probably what the author wanted tho since it seems he is such a genius lol

Well I think it's a bit early to judge if it's bullshit or not.

Eren is the god damn main character. It doesn't matter what he do right now, in the end he will save everyone. Zeke still will be the main villain, I refuse to forget for what he did to the people of the entire city, Erwin & Levi. Levi promised to kill this beardy bastard, but since this manga probably end soon and Levi's condition was bad, I doubt the author will pull it off. Now the author trying to make some kind of atonement for Zeke by making Eren as the villain mastermind. F this S

Dex-chan lover
So, we now know what "To you, 2000 years from now" means.....
And actually if the Attacker titan really have the freedom of going beyond the barrier of time in the PATHS, this shouldn't be a problem. People have been saying about how a Protagonist and an Antagonists have roles that they want to fulfil but SnK isn't about that at all. It's about how people don't want to be slaves and some people want to be and still die remaining as them.

Dex-chan lover
Personally I think neither of them should succeed in the end cause they both horrible people.
Fuck zeke and the royal family for the whole “white Titan ” guilt crap, staying safe while their people suffered
Eren shouldn’t succeed in the end too cause he’s more or less a sociopath and probably would end the majority of human life trying to find his desired freedom

Next chapter we will see Eren in the Ymir Fritz memories, then he's going to modified the memories from her with the power of the Attack Titan, or we just going to watch the whole history behind the origin of the titans, how was really that moment, who is the "devil of the Earth", who's right Marley or Eldian? Maybe neither, I know, the plot of the "time traveling" isn't such a big thing, but for real, maybe for an anime or show is one of the interesting themes to talk, well I hope Isayama can make some changes to this theme, not just the typical "Time traveling show"

Fed-Kun's army
Lol so many tards in the comments.
Great chapter, totally reminded me why i liked this mad man called Eren Yeager. I think he still has a soft spot for Mikasa and Armin though since he looked kinda sad when watching himself put the scarf on Mikasa.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel no need to spend more time delving into something that can be summarized on a trope.

Specially for a fanservice manga about anthropomorphic swords.

But if you want an essay about it here you go

@Redsaint Is he though? What if it was the lesser of all evils? We still don't know what he saw/did when he touched Historia's hand besides those eyes that sought vengeance.

@TheLastKing360 Yup, it's subtle things like those that people miss. Now how would that tie in with "See you later. Eren." in chapter 1, the scarf thing on chapter 50 and the save them all thing in chapter 89?

I advise everyone to re-read chapter 1-2, 85-90 and 50 immediately after. I'd just start reading all of it again tbh.

EDIT: Surprisingly enough, I didn't expect Reddit of all places to be in high spirits while a lot in this board are outraged.
Reddit being better than anything, color me surprised. https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/czq9rp/disc_shingeki_no_kyojin_ch_121/

EDIT2: Totally missed this. As Grisha was leaving the basement that was Historia's hand on the right.
Right after Grisha entered the basement Zeke said "You said that you've seen this memory before, haven't you? And felt a deep sense of disappointment towards your father".
So that's the vision he saw when he kissed Historia's hand.
"Thanks to you bringing me inside father's memories I've got this path here now" Zeke wasn't there and didn't talk to Grisha during the time he kissed Historia's hand. That means that something had been changed again.

What a god.

EDIT3: Inb4 he pulls an Evangelion on us where the manga, anime and rebuilds are from different timelines/iterations. He keeps repeating the cycle until he comes to the proper conclusion/answer. The anime sort of showed that didn't it? Him having visions of things he shouldn't know about (yet). Also explains how he had that dream on ch.1 before he had titan powers.

SNK: You can not redo

EDIT4: Chapter 10 - Grisha tells him about the basement and wall Maria before it happened. The old translations just sucked and was never fixed on MD, there's new ones that's better.
Ch.10 and 89 - Grisha says to Eren Jaeger (ch10) what Eren Kruger said to him (ch89). "If you want to save Mikasa... Armin... and everyone else"

Re-reading this has been quite a ride.

I may or may not be wrong but since in reality Zeke still has Eren's head in his hands, Eren could possibly reverse what Zeke ordered.

Lux

Power Uploader
@Redsaint I think Zeke is different from the other royals, he's putting himself on the line in order to end the tragedies for good. It is and will always be in human nature to persecute the different, the stronger and the weaker, Eldians will never stop being persecuted. And the opposite as well, the titans could be used in future to bring more tragedies, no matter what technological advancement it will never be possible to stop hundreds of thousand of colossus titans.

As for Eren, yes he's a psychopath, but he knows that if he doesn't do what he's probably going to do the world will never stop persecuting Paradis, because human nature again.

I'm not saying they aren't bad persons, they both have done despicable things, but one should try putting oneself in their shoes. If neither of them succeed our beloved main characters Mikasa, Armin and all the others will die a horrible death eventually. Do we really want that?

As far as i'm concerned i've always seen the main thematic of this story as the inevitability of human tragedy, if someone succeed in preventing its own, that tragedy is going to hit someone else. And it's very hard not to catch the misanthropic undertones, despite some readers calling it a "fanservice manga about anthropomorphic swords".

Fed-Kun's army
I just realized something.
I always wondered why Eren would make such a crazy "face" after seeing a scene that he has already seen before (Grisha crushing the Reiss family)... BUT it turns out that he actually saw his Future Memories through Grisha because Grisha had the Attack Titan ability to see all of Eren's future memories... This would explain Kruger also. Eren also LITERALLY changed his whole personality after seeing this premonition (kissing historia's hand), so it adds up.
Phenomenal Writing.

ngl for a split second i thought the hand panels were leading to the confirmation that Historia is carrying Eren's offspring, especially since Zeke wants to sterilize them all... the callback was better though, seeing things lining up neatly like this is so satisfying.

are ppl... rly surprised about eren here? dude methodically killed grown men with his own two hands as a child and never suffered the least bit of trauma from it lol eren was kind of fucked up from the start. this was established from the beginning. its def not a coincidence isayama showed us that scene again.

Dex-chan lover
rKFBEQR.png

I love edgy Eren

No offense, but is this A JOJO REFERENCE? Attack titan literally has King Crimson's ability.

One word

Wow.

Also that beautiful transition in poge 12 tho. And off panels historia hand kissing. Brilliant stuff isayama

Supporter
Zekes Eldian sterilization and Erens rumbling will both happen so that everyone within and outside of the walls are fucked. BELIEVE IT

Users who are viewing this thread