Despite the obvious, i'm banking on Tadano's 'understanding' skill to proc offscreen and he just gave that answer to let Manbagi down lightly.

Though it does look like he's giving hope too, so idk

Idk why people think Komi is boring and retarded. Despite her lack of verbal communication, she still does a lot of physical, gesture communication. Her range of emotion is just like anyone else (sadness, surprise, anger, etc). If you think Komi doesn't do anything to deserve Tadano, just a friendly reminder that she took care of Tadano when he's sick even when he tried to tell her to not bother herself with him. She also cheered him up during a Karaoke session when no one paid attention to him. In a recent chapter, she even improved herself from the invited to the invite"r", with her actual voice too.

Manbagi so far has been a tsundere to him for the majority of the time. Tsundere may look cute in anime/manga cuz at least you see the cue of what they think. In reality, if you see someone acting like that. (punch, insult or deny your good intention toward them) it will be a massive turn off. You don't think or say "you're so cute" when the person yells at you "Don't look at me like that!" or "Shut up!". I don't say Manbagi is a bad character; she is a good person and a good friend. But to say that she has done more to Tadano to deserve him more than Komi, I would like to take a small step back and reevaluate it.

Anyway, Tadano has been a great friend with everyone. He so far has the most contact with Komi; he seems to harbor more affectionate feeling towards her than Manbagi. But hey, life is strange and he can go in any direction. I don't think he and Manbagi will be a bad couple at all. (I still like Komi x Tadano more XD

Nope nope... I can't baited with that aura anymore. Uh uh... I know it will ended not too well if I start to adore it right now

I read this and wonder, can a guy really be this dense or denial?

Then I think back my awkward boy self in middle school and high school, and I don't wonder any more.

Tadano has feelings for komi im sure. He probably doesnt admit it/in denial because he thinks komi is way above his level. Little does he know that he has become a chad in his own

Dex-chan lover
Tamerlane's numbers 1, 3, and 4.

I actually went back and looked at the chapters where Hitomi grills Tadano about his feelings. (Those are #126, "Friend Chocolate", and #195, "The Three".) The crux of it all seems to be that Tadano doesn't believe that anyone (let alone Komi) would like him, both because he is hyper-aware of the people who dislike him and because he considers Komi too good for him (too attractive, too talented). He's been trying mightily to not think of her "that way" in order to be a better friend, and writing off all signs (even from his parapsychic "atmosphere reading") that she might have deeper feelings for him as wishful thinking on his part.

(That and as a romcom protagonist, he has to keep Manbagi's hopes up at this stage; it's in his contract.)

I could actually see an end-game scenario in which Manbagi confesses first, while both are still unaware of Komi's feelings, and they date for a while — until Manbagi realizes how much this has crushed Komi (and how Tadano is "settling"), and ends up breaking up with him for both their sakes. It's probably more of a fanfic than something that'd actually happen.

Fed-Kun's army
Holding hands? Lewd!
aD1DVZK_700b.jpg

d9a.png

Dex-chan lover
Never gonna happen but I'd love for Tadano to end up with someone other than Komi, and same for Komi.
Would be refreshing.
And fun as hell with people losing their minds over it.

@Taper
This exactly, yeah people are quick to claim that Tadano's 'awareness' just turns off at times but it's just the case that he's not brash and willing to push things further. This might be because he's not amazingly self-confident or that he's just hyper cautious of himself ever since his embarrassing middle school chunni phase.

I also imagined that ending scenario as well, but don't think it'll happen as it's a pretty complex story. Not to discredit the author in not capable/thinking of that, just seems a more straight forward scenario where Manbagi just gets rejected and Tadano realizes deeper feelings for Komi – because that's romance storyline 101 tropes.

Dex-chan lover
And here, here's one of the reason I hate love triangle: some is going to suffer hard, and most of the time, he/she didn't deserve it! ><

I just hope we can end that side story soon enough...

Users who are viewing this thread