It seems that a lot in here are misunderstanding something: The human was the younger brother, the older one was the demon, and also was the younger the one that almost killed Muzan.

Aggregator gang
The amount of badass the old man had was too much for one lifetime alone. What an absolute power move.

I guess this is it for UM1. It was awesome to see him, but sadly these fights rarely last a lot. It could be that he pulls a Akaza and refuses to die by becoming something else, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Fed-Kun's army
This cliffhanger is killing me. Will this be the end for Koku or not?
Super cool flashback though.

really sad chapter. also, yoriichi (the younger brother) probably got the mark first too like tanjiro did.

Double-page supporter
@ladyinez Who meet Tanjiro's dad?
In chapter 99, Yoriichi was the one met Tanjiro's ancestor, Sumiyoshi. Yoriichi was lamenting that he had no successor so he must had passed the earnings and the techniques to Tanjiro's ancestor.

Double-page supporter
yoriichi badass af um1 stand no chance
friendly reminder: yoriichi sword is also black sword it only turn red when he using his technique just like tanchiro so tanjiro current sword might be yoriichi sword they only have metsu( 滅 ) on blade too i think

I swear I ever saw this kind of twin siblings relationship somewhere. But they're using guitars and not swords

Dex-chan lover
Tanjirou is not a direct descendant of the Breath of the Sun users.
He is an inheritor of the TECHNIQUE. That very same Kagura Fire Dance Tanjirou memorized as a child is the same.

One of Tanjiro's ancestors was a friend to one of the original Sun users, who was most likely Kokushibou's twin brother.
Yoriichi did not have a family of his own to which he could pass down the technique, so he taught it to Tanjirou's ancestor with the promise that they would pass it down through their descendants.

And by perhaps, 'fate', the very blade of Tanjirou's current sword belonged to Yoriichi.

It would be pretty neat if Kokushibou and Tanjirou could meet - the latter being a split image of Yoriichi(younger) were the former able to see him.
But it's not meant to be; Tanjirou and Giyuu are supposed to continue heading towards Muzan...

And UM4 looks to be hands-down one of, if not, the most terrifying of the Demon Moons... the weak, but VERY annoying type. The one that makes many a person rage quit...

Dex-chan lover
@Phaaze
Pretty Much completely agree. The reveal of the twin brother completes the missing pieces of who met tanjirou's ancestor.
My only problem is the origin of the fire dance. I still remember tanjirou ancestor wanted to help the man who had no descendants, bur he refused saying masters of the craft will always find their way to it.

Quick edit: the man doesn't have the earrings, implying he did, in fact, give them to kamado family. Thinking about it, his desire to destroy demons could change his mind about passing the technique? Im missing something there. Perhaps a flashback chapter i forgot, or more future reveals over kamado lineage getting the earrings.

Also upper moon boi wanted to bypass the mark age restriction so he became a demon. More or less likely.

Dex-chan lover
@MelReinH
To the age restriction thing, we go right back to Kokushibou's flashback of getting his ass handed to him by his old geezer of a brother... XD
And the man goes out in STYLE in the middle of it!

Oops! I'd forgotten about the earrings.
This is why Muzan is so unnerved by Tanjirou... his resemblance to the man who almost destroyed him centuries ago.

Users who are viewing this thread