Dex-chan lover
Sure, but art itself is subjective and so none of those matter to people who like the art and think it's good.

Dex-chan lover
@Liar Art doesn't imply that anything goes. The author's mistakes here are not intentional, so we are not talking about him intentionally distorting his characters to achieve some artistic goal - it's just lack of skill/practice. Arguing that this is a positive aspect is ridiculous.

Granted, one has the right to their opinion that it is "incredible art", even if it will not be considered as such in any art academy.

Dex-chan lover
@criver

The point is no one cares. If you like it, it's good. Because only your opinion matters to you. Not some people far away sitting in an office collecting paychecks to tell people their art is right or wrong.
There is no 'right way' to art.

@criver If what you say is fact, you should be able to back it up with examples right? Please point out the where the mistakes are in the anatomy, proportions, and perspective.

inb4 you say "if you knew about art i wouldn't need to point it out" or you just point out a page and say "this page has bad anatomy but i'm not gonna say the reason" like a true pseud

Dex-chan lover
@theilikepie

Do you have a better plan? These people have been victims for far too long, living a hellish nightmare life due to the rest of the world exploiting, enslaving, murdering them to the point of genocide.

Talking didn't work. Maybe it will after everyone's had massive losses. Or that'd just be the concessions of those who lost power and the defeated, and one day they'll rebel from the shadows and wipe out the Paradisians.

If words fail, there is only violence left. Such is humanity. What can't be resolved through diplomacy can only be resolved in blood.

Talk shit about a man's art that he's been banging out for 10 years consistently without sacrificing story? Just gtfo. If you want Berserk level artwork that would probably set back the series a few years. Should be grateful to follow an artist who loves his fans enough to keep producing quality work every damn month that keeps people coming back for more.

Aggregator gang
@theilikepie they would probably Just smash everything on the other continent, the plants wil just grow back some Animals might become instinct but his plan has a price. The continent flora and fauna might suffer some changed cause of it, but I think Paradis will not feel too much of the impacto from It.

I was all happy with Eren ending racism, but I thought that that would be like If in real world the black people from Africa killed everyone else in the world cause of the slavery, including black people from all around the world. And I think that's kind of fucked up, but might actually work somehow. (I understood that he Will save only the paradisians and not all eldians, correct me If I'm wrong)
But I guess I will be kind of happy If he succeeds.

Dex-chan lover
@scootle Since it seems like you are one of the few people missing eyeballs, I'll spell it out for you. Let's consider some of the pages that guy estimated to represent "incredible art", shall we?

Page 29: Armin's hipbone magically becomes longer than his body. At the same time the shin of his other leg inflated like a trunk. Mikasa grew larger relative to armin since the last time we saw her. I won't comment on the titans since I'll chalk it up to it being intentional. The spine's off too, but you can again say it's a titan's so "anything goes".

Page 36: Now Mikasa grew a larger hipbone, and Armin's leg is also way off.

Page 38: Extensible hands.

You can go through other chapters too and see worse stuff.

@Kayriel

If you like it, it's good.
Subjectively "good", not objectively. Then again, if you consider this "incredible" manga art, what would you consider Oh Great's art, or houtengeki's art?

@AetherVII

If you want Berserk level artwork that would probably set back the series a few years.
I never said that I wanted something specific from the author. I just think that quantifying what we have here, as "incredible art" is pushing it. And I made sure to explain why.

Should be grateful to follow an artist who loves his fans enough to keep producing quality work every damn month that keeps people coming back for more.
What are you even on about? How is this related to anything I have stated?

Dex-chan lover
@criver

Objectivity in art in regards to quality is automatically subjective, or rather incredibly situational. If the artist acknowledges they were trying for something VERY specific and didn't reach it, then that's a gap in desired quality.

Any other situation is just bringing pure elitism to bear.

@MangaFun

The Ackermans (Mikasa, Levi, the other guy who trained Levi) were people who had Titan blood applied to them to try and create human super-soldiers. So she's not an Eldian by pure hereditary means, but she does have Eldian blood.

Dex-chan lover
@EtanRed My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the emperor's name, let none survive.

@criver

Seriously? The best you can get is 3 examples that boil down to "But x is slightly off!!!!!!"? For a mangaka that supposedly can't handle proportions, anatomy, and perspective, those are pretty minor nitpicks. If we go by these nitpicks, I'm afraid that nearly all manga have shit art then.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel
Are you implying that the author intentionally makes beginners' mistakes when drawing his characters? To what end?

@scootle Moving the goalposts are we? I picked relevant pages that were supposedly exhibiting "incredible art" according to the user I was originally chatting with before 55 other users decided to butt in. You can definitely go through the rest of the chapter and extract many more examples, not to mention that I can guarantee that a professional artist would be able to quantify what exactly is wrong with other things that feel off. And you can do this in pretty much every chapter. These are beginners' mistakes to boot.

This art is quite far from "incredible" - look up houtengeki and Oh Great if you want something good in terms of manga art.

@criver no one cares for your dumbass opinions. You can't even draw for shit, and you're an unemployed incel that complains about a manga you don't even purchase. Go back to flipping burgers.

Dex-chan lover
@criver

I thought you'd possibly just been misguided, someone who'd been given bad advice during your formative years as an artist.

But it seems the others are correct about you. You're unfortunately egocentric, and you speak yet don't allow discussion. If you are 'always already right' when you open your 'mouth', then there is no need for you to make any posts. You're right, after all. The argument doesn't need to happen because it's already won. Please stop posting.

Dex-chan lover
@HorseRider9000
I am unsure whether you are projecting, or if just delusional, or both.

@Kayriel
Am I to assume you can't/are unwilling to answer the question, and that's why you turned to "but the circlejerk doesn't like you", rather than address the counterpoint? This is not about being right, it's about discerning obvious bias, meatshielding, and faulty logic. And when all else fails, the circlejerk resorting to insults - a true representation of what you can expect if you state an unpopular fact. Are we that far gone that every comment section needs to be an echo chamber, lest someone gets triggered?

@criver
>Moving the goalposts are we?
Yes, I moved them because by saying Isayama had terrible art, I assumed you were going to reveal something as bad as yaoi hands type of anatomy, not "it was slightly off therefore he has no concept of anatomy."
>I was originally chatting with before 55 other users decided to butt in.
No shit, when you proclaim your opinion as fact.
>I can guarantee that a professional artist would be able to quantify what exactly is wrong with other things that feel off.
There are many youtube videos of people in different professions critiquing aspects of many anime and manga. I wonder why there isn't a professional artist that hasn't critiqued SnK?

Ah yes, houtengeki, the hentai artist who draws whores with tits the size of their heads, good art. I don't know Oh Great and have no motivation to read his stuff, so I have nothing to say.

Users who are viewing this thread