Fed-Kun's army
@iTwixie: I get that you want to make it known that you picked this up, and you want more traffic towards your own site. But this is just going piss people off.
Mangadex has a delayed upload function, why don't you use that?

Dex-chan lover
@QGC129 This is just so the scraper bots that upload to Kissmanga or other shady sites get the low-res, shitty version and not the high-quality scanlation. Be patient.

Fed-Kun's army
@Mah_Buddy_Keith: Then why don't other scanlators do the same? As far as I'm aware, this is a pretty rare occurrence.
<ps>In any case, wouldn't the scraper get the credit page as well since it's not the very first or very last page? Or do they have sufficiently trained ML systems to detect when a page is a credits page?</ps>

Group Leader
@QGC129 Some people upload here so it can spread to other sites. However, that isn't my purpose...
Back in the day, when I uploaded to Batoto, somehow, the other sites were only able to get lower quality images. I'm not sure what Batoto did, but MangaDex doesn't have this. MangaDex was built on similar ideals as Batoto, but it's not Batoto.

I think I made it extra blurry this time. My bad, I'll make it not as bad next time?

@GodGinrai Why yes, yes it did.

Double-page supporter
Actually... I like the blurred method for the scrapers.
Scrapers do get it all from what I see and include even the credit page but the main result is to support the places that aren't making money off of the work scanalators do.

At the same time, I prefer the blurred page on a scraper site since should things go bad and the manga taken off of a decent site, then the scrapers still have something that I can reference. I like to re-read manga, and often they aren't available to buy.

Thank You! I was sure this was another dead project. Glad I get to get to read more of it.

Fed-Kun's army
@iTwixie: I'd imagine batoto loaded a highly downscaled image first and then loaded the actual image after a random time interval using JS or something, thus the bots would grab the downscaled image instead of the high-res one. It might be worth pinging MangaDex staff in the feature request thread if you want that behaviour.

Dex-chan lover
Not a complaint, 'cause I'm truly happy with an update for this manga I enjoy, but why was it a bit out of focus?

Dex-chan lover
The one thing that confuses me is the two page spreads on tumblr are super blurry while mangadex's spreads are much better

Users who are viewing this thread