Dex-chan lover
Somone shattered a foundamental image of Rudeus Religion and Belive, that can only lead to one thing: DEUS VULT!.

Well since i alredy read the LN and WN like a dozen times I know what will happen and am eager to find out how far the manga will go.

Julie was pretty cute. Seeing how many characters turn out exactly as imagined, I have to applaud the author for doing such an amazing work on the novel building the mental image.

About the snipe... I'm against it when the regular translator is doing a good job.
It's all fun and games until the regular gets enough and drops the project and the sniper does not continue... Or if he continues it's just a matter of time until he is sniped as well and the cicle continues until we have a rainbow of different styles and qualities or until the project becomes so toxic nobody wants to touch it anymore.

MemorableLavishAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

"TWO KIDS, GON' DIE TONIGHT"

Fed-Kun's army
@lionfromnorth

If you're really curious:

Basically, it's not Zanoba who destroyed the artefact, but the two beatwomen in his class (the cat and the dog). What will happen (at least based on the WN and LN) is that Rudeus will challenge the two of them on a duel with Zanoba. The result is, as expected, the beastwomen losing horribly with Rudeus basically curbstomping them. They will be hauled to Rudeus' room Santa Claus kidnapper style and then be questioned thoroughly. The result is:

mushoku08_09.jpg

Now, to give some context: there is literally NOTHING more humiliating to a beastwoman than being tied up and be splashed by water (if you remember, this is exactly what the other beastwoman did to Rudeus during the kidnapping incident). He also woke them up with some water magic, BTW. Rudeus left them alone there, all tied up until he finishes classes the next day. When they find them, they're soaked in their own piss.

@Seikirin - There used to be a time years ago where people didn't get butthurt about 'sniping'. In fact, multiple groups working on a project was relatively normal, and fans of series simply considered it a different 'flavor'. It was done almost exclusively as a passion project and hobby -- one that was done to share with others and then nerd out over. Aggregation wasn't anywhere near what it is today and it wasn't something people necessarily did for any benefit. It was more like the fansubs at the time where you'd always have options to choose from. Nowadays, though, with the advent of crowd-sourcing it's turned into a much uglier thing more akin to a shady business. One where people form cliques and get angry for the sake of 'loyalty'. Not that it's necessarily the case here, though.
I guess the one thing I've noticed as I get older that's so much different and that kind of worries me a little (in overall life) is how quickly, and willingly, people are to give up their freedom to make choices about things -- and how quickly they'll condemn others for not going with the 'herd" (for lack of a better word) mentality.
Anyway, I could go on-and-on about silly insignificant musings, and such; however, it's all pointless and I've already said way too much anyway. I'm just bored from being stuck in bed with the flu. Don't mind me and my poinyless ramblings. More-or-less just agreeing with ya.

Dex-chan lover
Man, it's really nice that julie gets a whole chapter to herself. much easier to get attached to her this way, imo

i can't wait for the stacked idiots coming up

@HelveticaFont
don't feel obligated man. if you feel like it isn't worth it, don't. imo, if you spent time on it and you like your result, you should post it. yeah, people will go 'why is this uploaded twice', but people will probably also read it again to see how things get translated differently, I know I do.

Dex-chan lover
@StLL isn't Rudeus in a way training him at the same time. I know Rudeus doesn't like slavery, but her not having a slave mark and being treated like family will make her far more loyal and it teaches bowl cut to be more respectable to his societal lessers.

@nobaka "i can't wait for the stacked idiots coming up" do you mean big titty bitches?

@Happily_Grim better I can understand why some would get mad at sniping because some chapters take many hours to do, but those who "snipe" are probably people who started translating that chapter before you or they possibly have more skill.

I am surprised that a person could hate carrots considering how little taste they have compared to more commonly dislike veggies. If carrots are grown wrong they can taste pretty bad as my mom may have a some carrots that taste horribly bitter when they usually have a slightly sweet and refreshing taste when grown right. not sure why Rudy didn't copy the Roxy figure before he passed it on to Zonoba

@adfjs do you know what chapter of the web novel this manga chapter is currently at? As i cant wait now that you piqued my interest.

Double-page supporter
@Liquidxlax
Ah. I meant attending him when he was a child, you could lose your life because he had gotten a little too excited.

Group Leader
Whelp, time for some good ol' beastwomen punishment
Also, wow, I know the novel made it that Fitts is obviously Sylphy but the manga doesn't even try to hide the twist, does it?

Users who are viewing this thread