what im getting from this story is, "cycle of violence is never ending"
breakdown:
-the first king (and his horde) was an ass, and enslaved the Eldians (and others, in the same way IRL kings did)
-Ymir got titan power but was so mind-broke, she just served the first kings people (who weren't Eldians but took thier name btw) even after death .
- Marley is one of the conquered, the first kings people act genocidal (maybe they weren't, but they still acted like it)
-Marlins fought back (and eventually won)
-Marley treat ALL Eldians overly harsh for generations (revenge) not unlike what happened to Germany at the end of WWI.
-Eldians blame everyone for the harsh treatment and go genocidal (again not unlike Germany/middle east)
-everyone wants to exterminate everyone else like a planet of Daleks, hence life on said planet sux for everyone because no one will let history, and personal grudges go,
by feeding that hate to next generations who otherwise wouldn't be involved (the Marley warrior kids for example.)
that's where the author is going i think.

**SIDE NOTE***
I always thought this story would be good for an (old-school) MACROSS crossover (I don't really know the newer stuff since translations are hard to find [HINT HINT HINT!]) :
the titan world would actually the creators of the Zentradi ( and this whole story is either: the beginning of that war
or a 'lost world ' where everyone forgot about advanced tech, but eventually encounter explorers from Earth ).
I would love to see a Veritech fighter or a Zentradi fight a Titan.

Dex-chan lover
Choose your party to support :
[ol]
1. Eren's Yeagerist Faction
2. Armin's Vigilante Heroes
3. Levi's The Avengers
[/ol]

Double-page supporter
Hange and Levi and the rest teaming up with Marlay may just be the stupidest and out of character thing this manga has done. Especially considering what "rewards" await them should they win, and the goals of the person they're trying to stop. These new "heroes" are pretty damn lame either way.

They're trying really hard to paint Eren's group as the bad guys with the executions and insanely nationalistic talk. I understand why it's necessary, but it's still contrived. It's a bad idea to force them into the roles of the villains rather than have it come naturally, especially considering it wouldn't be to hard with the position they're in and the actions they're going to take.

Talk-no-jutsu and asspulls out the ass ending incoming. Eren is literally a god at this point and there's no reasonable way to stop him. The only reason the original royal family lost is because of that dogma that restrained them. The author is going to have to deus ex machina his way out this. This ending is going to be a joke.

As always, fuck Gabi. How high is this author actually putting this annoying little brat in the "heroes" group? Dude's not GRRM, you can't write the most annoying and contemptible character and then redeem her.

Eren's side all the way. Eldians were never in such a good place like now. Alas let me corret myself, id LOVE to see Eren lose, so i can see the eldians getting wipped off the map once and for all just to read the hipocrisy on this board.

Aggregator gang
Well, judging by the tone of this chapter I'm suspecting the story end to be the same banal disappointment as Death Note. Which will confirm that manga authors are incapable of producing a story about an anti-hero who wins.

Dex-chan lover
Well, judging by the tone of this chapter I'm suspecting the story end to be the same banal disappointment as Death Note. Which will confirm that manga authors are incapable of producing a story about an anti-hero who wins.

What are you talking about? Ryuk, the main character and anti-hero of death note, absolutely won in the end. He got soooo many apples, and also cured his boredom, for years! And he won again in the new oneshot! Even when he got reprimanded by the shinigami king, he didn't really get any consequences for himself, only his human pet died because of it, which he seems pretty fine with.

Dex-chan lover
A sane development!? I can't believe it. Did Isayama hit his head or something?

Aggregator gang
@codetaku

What are you talking about? Ryuk, the main character and anti-hero of death note, absolutely won in the end.

Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well... it's chance encounters like this which restore one's faith in humanity as a whole. 🤗

Unpopular Opinion: I think it makes sense that it makes sense for everyone to team up. Everyone has something at stake here and are all intentioned to defeating Eren and these are all veteran combat troops who know to put their mission in front of their feelings.

Knowing how Isayama has done the story before, I honestly have no idea who will win. Personally I’m hoping for some kind of Code Geass ending with Eren self-sacrificing himself for world peace, but realistically after that the world would invade and eradicate Paradis. (Who knows though, if Isayama pulls off a scenario that makes sense this story would be legendary)

I’m gonna wait for the end of the story before I decide, but I agree the chapter should have been split up more

Fed-Kun's army
I swear if the ending isn't either Eren destroying the world or that "Hero" team winning somehow but still getting the Eldians getting exterminate by the others nations because these "heroes" got the only one fighting for them killed... Ok I can't do much but I would still be really really pissed.

Edit: More like I hope Eren destroy the world but if they stop him I hope the eldians will be exterminate just after that the ones who stopped Eren get to understand why he was doing what he was doing. Because of course the others nation won't just get all friendly whit the eldians because Eren was stopped.

Unpopular, but Gabi got more and better character development in the span of one-two arc(s) than Eren did since the manga began, not sure why people keep hating on her, if it's because of Sasha holy crap grudges really never die.

By the way, that stunt Armin pulled had me clench my butt, had he died to something that stupid it would've been terrible (still not sure what the point of this brief sideshow with Connie was btw).

Yeah unpopular opinion and I'm sure to get some hate but goddamn this shit sucks. Isayama is going to do a Code Geass rip off and have the Eldians and Marleyans unite to take down the big bad enemy Eren Yeager. But, this will also have been part of Eren's master plan all along.

Really hope it doesn't go down like this and Isayama isn't that cliched and predictable. It would be such a boring ending and not to mention,again, extremely cliche.

How can you hope to save the world when there is no cheerleader to save?

Users who are viewing this thread