What a goddam contrast from me getting yelled at when I go down to make a snack at 2am.

@cooltapwater
@doomskull
@zero777
@alseif
@anutrix
I can only repeat that this is coming from my personal experience, but I take this sort of thing really serious.
I've had a life time of watching my (other) grandma making these sort of comments towards my mother and my sisters.
"But you looked so good in the late 80s!"
"Yeah, that's when I had an eating disorder, thank you mom"
I really have a thin skin with that sort of thing.
Yes, obesity is a serious issue as well, but I haven't had anyone I know die or be submitted into a psychiatric ward for obesity, while anorexia did.
It's a touchy subject for me. Especially when it's directed towards someone who doesn't look even slightly in danger of being obese at all

Finally something else rather than the festival, it was decent but I like the freshness of different settings

Dex-chan lover
still can't understand why America have a big obese population while Asia, in general, isn't that big despite most of Asians eats at least 50% rice on their daily diet, which is choke full of carbs (and subsequently, sugar)

Dex-chan lover
@primrosea I do wonder that, but I do remember pretty well that a lot of chinese exchange students gained a fair bit of fat when they came to Canada. You'd almost swear that most of what they eat back home isn't absorbed into their body and just scoots on through. It could also have to do that western nations have changed their diets a lot in the past 150 years which is affected by many things like advancement in transport, preservation of food and new things being discovered. Heck even what my parents ate as a kid and what I ate as a kid varied far greater compared to other steps in generations. Basically they ate the the same things week after week. Decadence is also a problem for food as we far less people eat homecooked meals every day and multiple times a day.

@user1898 I understand your point but the context of the situation happening in the manga is not remotely close to the situation you were explaining.

This is a case of a parent playing along with their kid but warning them not to eat at night so late when they’re probably going to bed again later.

@bingel919 A lot of people who have insomnia, or just hungry in the middle of the night does this often. And yeah, some of them aren't that worried about getting fat.

Because if you're lucky, you may inherited a skinny trait (where you can eat as much as you want and not get fat) from your parent even if your parent aren't, because it's a recessive. But, it's a bit common through out Asia

Dex-chan lover
Yes, yes you 2 suck at making progress. But hey we don't really mind 🤣

it's not onigiri but i just did this last night at 2pm so i very understand how komi's feels

Is it normal for people to just go and eat late at night without anyone making a big deal out of it? Whenever i was hungry and it was late I felt like hell would let loose if my parents found me in the kitchen (happened a couple times). sometimes I just tried to sleep even though I was really hungry.

Contributor
When the food is finally ready:

Q18.png

Users who are viewing this thread