one thing come to mind when i hear hollywood live action, a garbage that will not respect the source materials in every aspect possible.

Dex-chan lover
eexz2y7cw6t21.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Can you guys imagine the Rock getting the Skinny Rogers treatment, to play Saitama, and then ballooning out to full size whenever the tension is up in a scene? That'd probably be the only good thing to come out of a Hollywood made anime adaptation.

Am I the only one thinking that Michael Rosenbaum would be perfect Saitama for live action?
5c57eaad951a461ab238f51455337e2e.jpg

Aggregator gang
Wait wait wait what? Live action hollywood movie? The framing and intensity will probably be fine as long as they don't do fuck tons of cuts.

But casting. Saitama is gonna be white, but it'll take place in Japan.

Mind you the cultural relevance isn't that exclusive so it would work anywhere. It is supposed to be satire disguised as action, so they'd just need to dress it up appropriately. Good balance between staying to the core points, and committing to either localization or loyal and correct translation.

Dex-chan lover
oh my the eyeball monster is a girl XD
the indirect light panel is too cute XD

Fed-Kun's army
@johnhang123
nah, keep in mind when they have white people play asain characters for adaptations (this is something only the west gives a shit about, the japanese fans just want to see the movie doen live action) its a star power draw, try and get some normies into the seats.

opm's world allows them to race and gender swap anyone because of how weird everything is, its a niche movie that also means few outside of anime will care, and japanese will just be happy its a movie. if there was one part of the story that could be turned into a movie right now, it would be the monster association arc, but god knows that be the backdrop, they will instead make an 'original' story about the evils of white men and how its the strange people who are heros to rise up.

oh, saitama could be male if they make him gay, but I would still be betting on a race swap. the only character who wont be swapped at all will be Puri-Puri Prisoner, they will make damn sure to keep him as close to original as possible.

hell, they may set it before the opm story starts so they can justify saitama not being able to one punch, and if they have any semblance of timing they would end it with the first serious punch, but that's giveing holywood credit

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh the live action is gonna fail cause they can't find anyone righteous enough to play mumen rider

Supporter
One Punch Man from Hollywood. One Punch man shuts up and reviews his male bald privilege as Tatsumaki puts every man in their place with her new baggy pants and loose fitting "The force is female" shirt.
Her sister Fubuki, tears down the patriarchy and is played by Rebel Wilson, as a comic accurate actress is deemed too problematic since straight men would enjoy seeing that.

exactly I have no faith in Hollywood right now. Nor will I have in the future. This is gonna suck.

Users who are viewing this thread