Hmmmmm. "Oh, very shiny stone in very shiny place. Let's just touch it. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!" MHM

Dex-chan lover
It looks to me like two powers are sealed here, one is the pillar, the other is that heart thing. both seem to have received a "master" in this chapter. The pillar seems to either produce or draw out the impure motives of a person, based on her sudden honesty about why she wants to get the power to save the world on her own: make the backstabbing boys in her life suffer) creating a "ten dead men on a dead man's chest" phenomenon where people are constantly being killed to get its power and everything falls apart. alternatively, it's just a long history of the corruptive force of overwhelming power.

Then there's the heart, that evil looking black heart, which looks ominous as fuck, but so far all we've seen it do is grant desire of the heart. It's probably chained up for a reason, but that reason could be waiting for a pure heart to balance it. Or it's the Sith road, only time will tell.

Thanks for the update! Oh no! Are we finally getting some unwanted conflict here? Now

Heavy (2nd hand) spoilers ahead to those interested. Please be warned my memory is faulty and a bit unreliable
Ivona is successful in gaining some new mana and all. So, what's up with Claude and the dark powers? As everyone today has speculated, he has started "seeing portions" of the previous timeline. Not enough to remember everything but get some answers to some questions. Dark powers are simply the product of Claude absorbing the demon king's heart in the previous timeline. Why would the Holy Sword user absorb such a dark entity you ask? Claude was manipulated by the church by saying he can perform a miracle (save the dead/suffering *leaning on the former but it WAS because of first timeline Claude Ivona was able to come back in time, I just forgot how* Ivona in some way) when he absorbs the heart, the church's purpose is basically to have the only person capable of absorbing such an evil entity be corrupted and use it as propaganda that they themselves have contributed something heavy during the war by saving the hero in some way.

The effect of all this in the new timeline is because Claude now remembers a few things, the sword rejects him (kinda like Aseph in the Villain's savior
will not have his own seal in the other timelines simply because he is a heretic for having made a deal with a demon in another timeline. If anything, the gods don't mind abandoning him except they really pity Elzay who died multiple times in the other timelines that for all her efforts, its at least up to her on whether he can still be saved
and he finally has a few answers on why Ivona is contracted to one spirit that was supposed to be Gaspal's (the wolf) *basically because they're still in a contracted marriage, both think they should draw a line not to share too much privy info of their life, Ivona has some justification since you know: why would Claude believe her?*

Basically because of the dark powers, time to expect some Claude angst, we'll have some sudden avoidance from the ship (Claude is relieved and hoping Ivona's feelings aren't as deep as his so the attempted separation isn't as painful on her side), no th*t self inserts in spoilers. Claude will be saved when Ivona inevitably teams up with the church.
Again, my memory is unreliable so apologies in advance

Dex-chan lover
I HAVE QUESTIONS. We know more about what the pillar is now at least, but that's all.

Where did the pillar come from?
The messages with Ivona seemed cautionary, but the Duke's seemed malicious.
Are there two spirits attached to it?
What does the Duke actually want?
Are there possession or inheritance of will shenanigans now?

Aaaaaaahhhhh

Have you ever saw something too poetic and thinking what the hell was that
WELL GUEST WHAT MY FEELING FOR THIS CHAPTER

Users who are viewing this thread