Thank you!!

I’m so sad we’re at the end of Season 1 though. I didn’t expect that Claude had such a tragic backstory. I wonder if this will help Ivona to be honest with him about her past.

So his body covered in scars is the reason, that even his hands are always covered...

Looking forward to seeing those two again in the next season

Oh, finally we get to see more Claude's backstory. While I'd like to keep the story going, some background would be nice to help develop the characters some more.

Dex-chan lover
@criver It's funny you should mention that, because the first search result for me just now is this. This chapter more or less seems to follow the advice there (at least the things that it even could, hard to use an interesting voice in text and still images), especially reading the other comments here and seeing comments like this.
Oh, finally we get to see more Claude's backstory. While I'd like to keep the story going, some background would be nice to help develop the characters some more.

People were interested in and perhaps even hungry for this information. Three out of five tips observed, where one of them is essentially "don't do it if you can avoid it," is pretty solid according to that criteria. Obviously, your criteria might differ.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro

Even the author of the deviantart article realizes that it is bad practice (also, I would advise reading more than one article). It was avoidable. It was not executed well either: we got the male lead's backstory + a world building prophecy + the story of his lineage crammed in a chapter through a fairly blatant plot device - magic. Not only is this an exposition dump but it even feels like a retcon. People wanted the information because the author failed to flesh out the male lead over the course of 41 chapters, effectively turning him into a generic shoujo male lead character for the last 41 chapters.
I found it an extremely fitting example of how not to deal with exposition.

Dex-chan lover
@criver I know what exposition dump is, but I just failed to see it as that bad of it, it's just a glimpse of exposition, followed by naratives which still ties perfectly with the plot, I've seen a lot worse exposition dumps out there which spent literally dozens of pages just to explain mundane and irrelevant things that barely matter to the actual plot. Please explain to me which part of it is that bad?

Edit: ah I see, that's fair point, maybe the author should've revealed more hints earlier. Though I think it might be because the first season is focused more on fleshing the female lead, it doesn't feel that bad. The second season might focused more on the male lead and they decided to give the readers a hook in the end to make them waiting for more.

Users who are viewing this thread