Dex-chan lover
Meh. Spent all the screentime they had before to make some foreshadowing now. Not worth it, compared to the actual banter with whip lady.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I was extremely upset with first version because people died.
And...you know...human death is irreversible...
And now, hearing someone saying that first version is better...no criticism, it's just that I don't understand it. I saw them waking up and reacting at the fact of being saved and thought "thank God Murata". And I liked how girl was opening her suit to get an autograph.
Also, I wonder, whether did ONE asked Murata to "save them" or it was Murata's initiative.
well, Do-S is a completely converted monster. They even made her more monster-ish. And it's a convention in this universe that monster can't be turned back to human. So, basically, she couldn't been saved. Still some guys wish her to be alive...that prejudice about beautiful people in action. Haah...I hope it's not only because legs, but and boobs.

Dex-chan lover
This version is way better. We still see how ruthless AM is. There's no wondering about why there's no administration punishment for killing humans. Foreshadowing towards AM's secret. Consistency towards Iaian's suspicions towards AM. Also, Murata doesn't make story decisions. ONE does all the story. This was his decision.

Dex-chan lover
I like the way Sweet Mask trashed through the fodders in original chapter, but like the reveal on Sweet Mask's broken face here.

Wow these revisions have A LOT of thought put into them, I really like them. Here's hoping Garou vs. Darkshine gets the same treatment.

That's some nice work here. I like this chapter much more, same case as with the revised Phoenix man fight.

Fed-Kun's army
@Xystus Having both versions is good, since we get the AU of what sweet mask was about to do if they hadn't intervened.

This feels like some kind of parallel universe shit, like we split from the timeline or something, or like a choose-your-own-adventure book. "Do the soldiers die? Or live? You choose".

Also, what happens in the webcomic version? Do the soldiers live? or do they die in that one as well?

I guess this revision has to do with the current arc (in the Original Webcomic) involving sweet mask.
I do like it better cause it was messed up for him to kill them when there were being controlled and i guess it gives him a slight bit more sympathy for me now in the original webcomics current arc.

Dex-chan lover
This version didn't have Dos kneeling obediently before Sweet Mask, therefor it is inferior.

Although ONE has always been heavy with Amai Mask’s foreshadowing, this revision more or less confirms he’s “not human” much earlier than the webcomic counterpart. Tbh some parts I liked better in this version, but preferred some minor details in the old one. Can’t have the best of both worlds rip

Double-page supporter
@Crookshanks I think it has less of a re-con on his character as a justice nut than a re-con on establishing he is non-human masquerading as a sweet faced hero. It you read the latest story arc of the original ONE comic it's all about Sweetmasks back story and story arc. I think they redid the chapter so readers could get foreshadowing to what's going on with Sweetmask in the future. So it doesn't look like it came from no where. Also, so you don't lose sympathy for the character. But if you pay attention to ONE's naming sense of hero's you would have long since realized there was something up with Sweetmask.

Also, in the original comic Sweetmask never killed a bunch of mind controlled hostages, there were no hostages in SweetMask's confrontation at all, it wasn't part of ONE's plan to the character and it didn't mesh well the newest story arc involving Sweetmask.

@henman
everything involving the story/plot is created by ONE. Murata has no say in the plot or the way anything happens
@Tyco2003
this scene didn't happen in the webcomic. there were no hostages

Users who are viewing this thread