Dex-chan lover
That girl...is the embodiment of all of us who loves criticizing others. That's actually a good trait to have, but doing it too much like her is always spell trouble in your social life. There is time for being honest and straightforward like her, but there's also a time for being considerate like Tadano. If you did it too much like her, people will misunderstand you as someone heartless and inconsiderate. This kind of trait, at the right time and place, will be helpful to help someone to grow.

Dex-chan lover
I thought that was ear muffs or something, but it was just her very small speech bubble.

Dex-chan lover
Class bully not so tough after having friendship democratically imposed on her

It's weird nobody's pointing out that it's a toxic trait and still pushes to be her friend??? Like uhhhmm I understand wanting to befriend someone who has trouble making friends but do you not have a sense of self-preservation?? I like that she pointed out how Komi's put on a pedestal at the prev chapter but everything else in this one was unnecessarily mean so. Buuuut if it's going with the theme of communication disorders I guess this would be considered as one (like not having a thought filter and deflecting things by saying negative statements) so it'll be interesting. Well we all know she's gonna have a character development and becomes more considerate and less of a toxic person because it's very predictable like that.

Things are kind of getting old in this manga (I can't explain it at all but somehow it's just?? the content falls flat to me idk how or why but something's just off) but I still kind of want to see how it goes lol.

Dex-chan lover
"You really overdid it when you used the notepad to communicate."
This.
I just really wish that she could at least try to speak with other people without the use of her notebook much often, just like how she was able to speak much with manbagi. From there, she can at least be able to develop, trying to overcome her own communication problems in another way, one step at a time.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fed-Kun's army
@chelonyaa Here's something that may cause the scales to fall from your eyes - if you alienate or berate/criticize someone because they're rude (She is not "toxic" - she's just opinionated and young) they will never change their ways and end up doubling down. I've had plenty of rude friends or even hung out with people even though they were an asshole (because we shared a common interest) and I've seen most of them change as they get older and socialize within the world. Nothing she said was over the line or really wrong - it's just that she's rude on her delivery of her remarks. You don't have to like her but I've been acquaintances with people like these and sometimes that turns into a friendship so this chapter really doesn't strike me as weird. Typically you don't go "hey, you're kinda an asshole" to someone you just met unless they crossed some line.

Dex-chan lover
@readersRequiem: You are clearly either forgetting or unaware that all the times she spoke more than just a handful of stuttered, barely understandable words were under very specific circumstances.

[ol]
[*] She was talking to only one person.
[*] Said person was someone that she has grown quite familiar with over the course of at least a single semester's worth of time, i.e. a "best friend".
[*] Nobody else was around in the vicinity, whether the two were in an open street or in the privacy of a stairwell. Alternatively, there's enough distance between the two and the people nearest to them as well as enough ambient noise and commotion that Komi knows for certain that nobody can overhear or is even paying much attention to them.
[/ol]

Any time you see one or more of those above conditions compromised, you'll see that Komi finds it much harder to muster the courage to talk, resulting and shorter and more stuttered sentences, until she reaches the point where she finds it impossible to talk.

Fun fact: The first time this had been brought up ages go, it was remarked that this actually a very realistic depiction of social anxiety, giving the impression that Oda is either well-versed in the subject or is in contact with someone who does.

Users who are viewing this thread