@BrodieJr Let me tell you something you stupid fucktard. Knowing your facts before posting a chapter is basic. Not even knowing that the title that you're showing in your chapter is of the sword the skills are of the sword the name is of the sword when it should be of the guy is just plain stupid. And I did say it nicely for your information. Saying that getting your facts right is not sarcasm. As for if someone wants me or not is not what I care about you moron because it's something you should care about next time you get told that your translation is shitty af. Don't fucking reply if you can't handle shit. This is the last time I'm telling you not to fucking reply or tag me.

Group Leader
@yarthik I HAVE REALISED MY MISTAKE AND APOLOGISED FOR IT AND CORRECTED IT EVEN THOUGH IT WASNT ME THAT DID THE CHAPTER, I SIMPLY ASKED FOR YOU TO ASK NICELY NEXT TIME YOU NOTIFY SOMEONE OF SOMETHING, MISTAKES HAPPEN, SORRY YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF REALISING THAT, IM THE ONE THAT TOLD YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP, YET YOU REPLIED, ASKING ME TO STFU. GO AWAY, SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. NOT THAT HARD

@BrodieJr I am sorry that I don't understand anything. But the shit you've said hurts. So please don't reply me again. I am sorry that I even wrote that. You're not worth it. Your group was not worth it. Lastly I didn't even contact you in the first place so whether you did that chapter or not was something that I didn't even know about, you were the one that replied to my comment. Neither did you apologize ever even though you started abusing me first. But ya I am sorry I continued this charade so you have my apologies so please leave me alone now. I am sorry for commenting on your chapter in a rude way.

Group Leader
@yarthik if i did do something uncalled for, sorry, but I asked you to ask nicely and not be a dick, to where you lashed out at me and I followed, stop trying to pin it on me, I don't give a fuck

Dex-chan lover
Not sure what happened in this comment section...
...er have a good day people

Thank you for the translation

@mrmm Um I think I am quite calm rn. Moreover do I even know you? And in what context are you talking about?

Dex-chan lover
Ignoring the idiots in here arguing, I was legit happy for the merchant. That last page was sweet. 😁

I'd probably buy someone just to piss off someone else whom I didn't like too lol

Jeez, the sense of money in this is crazy. Ten bags of rice was 50k. Then 100mil for a slave. What the hell does it even mean?? Nothing, its a craptastic revenge isekai, so stupid shit like this is typical.

Dex-chan lover
Damn rice sure is rare not like that store sells it by the ton
Straight up a whole warehouse full of that shit
Would have been nice to know how much money our dude got at the start
Cause he can just buy 100600000 gold worth of shit
Also MC just buying her for that ridiculous sum even though he doesnt now shit about the actual price lmaoo

I swear to god these dogshit LN's authors dont even TRY to have some basic world building
geography, culture, flora, fauna, politics, economy just nothing its like they dont expect their garbage to last a year anyway so they dont even try to create a believable living world
These stories just happen in a vacuum around the MC and the rest of the world just doesnt exist if they arent plot relevant
I mean yeah good story telling takes a lot of time and manga dont really have pages to spare but a single panel showing the world map would do wonders

@HIVARNA took you this long to realize ?

@Kampfarsch The lack of world building is due a combination of the manga version condensing the entire first arc (which is just as long as this 2nd one in terms of WN chapters) into 4 chapters, as well as just plain terrible translations by the TL. It not necessarily the Author's fault, and is mostly due to the loss of nuance. Although, I will admit this is pretty generic isekai regardless.

Case in point, I have absolutely no idea where 100 million gold came from, since the manga raws I have don't even mention a price. MC just says "Seydel. Didn't I say that I plan to buy Canaan?" so I assume the TL is just lazy and put random BS down. Later in the WN it mentions her price is 500,000 gold tho.

Another example is the TL not understanding certain Real Life terminologies as demonstrated on page 7, where the MC specifically mentions "This rice looks like Indica Rice. And this oval-shaped one is Japonica Rice!?" which are both very specific breeds of Asian rice. And since the TL didn't research anything some of the world building aspects are lost.
On the topic of rice, the original raws mention [The markets normally don't sell rice in this region, so we don't have it at our shop] implying that it's more of a specialty thing rather than entirely unobtainable. The cat slave even say that they stock "domestically-grown" types of rice (though that's not mentioned in the WN raws)

As for the economy, there's no world building because its literally a carbon copy of japan. 1 gold = 1 yen. The reason why the rice is so expensive is because he bought premium "sushi-grade" rice, which the WN notes is three times more expensive than flour at 6,000 gold compared to 2,000 gold per bag. Keep in mind he bought 10 bags, so 60$ a bag became 600$.

As for how much he started with in the WN, he has 10 gold coins and 10 large silver, which is equal to 1,100,000 gold. As for how he got that, I didn't bother reading through the first arc raws. I just assume he got it from the auction house that sent him to his death, considering that they were selling other Heroes for several tens of millions. Still quite generous if you ask me.

Fed-Kun's army
I think some people are saying this is going fast but all I have to say is that if you were put into this situation you'd want to be swift on your feet as well. @Ashbell cool beans for your explanation and even tho its generic I like this enough to keep reading.

Can some1 explain the reasoning behind the merchant trusting the MC with the amount of info gleemed from the status? I mean the only thing remarkable was the title. Everything else was hidden.

Users who are viewing this thread