why didnt the merchant just you know, buy the slave girl? Pretty sure he has the capital for it.

I wonder what's the reason that made him unable to do so. Since it seems that his store already has a slave working there as an employee.

Dex-chan lover
Garbage hero? Garbage author!
Copy paste isekai MC in copy paste "evil" human summoning with copy paste slavery (but it's okay cuz respect slaves blabla), copy paste beastkin town being much nicer than humans, copy paste rich antagonist kid that wants unwilling girl, copy paste super talking mega sword, copy paste classmate unable to stick with MC love interest for cowardace/pride reasoning.
Did I miss anything? Prb.
The Artist does all the work, why is there even an author credited, just credit the artist.

@OrcaCat author prb didn't even think about it.

People moan, but other than some major series, or some golden eggs, most are just copy and paste in each genre because they see what people like and make more. I, for one, enjoy these isekai series, and would love to see it continued on here.

Dex-chan lover
@OrcaCat Assuming the author put any thought into it instead of just using it as a way to get the MC to have a slave, it's probably a distinction in social status. His beastkin "slave" and the main "slaves" he shows off seem closer to indentured servitude than actual slavery, so he's able to buy and employ them directly. Meanwhile, Kana and the other criminals are actual slaves, so there could be restrictions on what type of jobs they can do and who can buy them (such as no family or friends of family).

Of course, I'm just pulling this all out of my ass because this is just a lazy way to get slave-girl waifu checked off Cheap Isekai Bingo, but it at least sounds semi-quasi-reasonable.

@Vincentius Understandable. It would make sense if it was like that.

Wonder if this has a novel and if this question is explained in the novel or not.

@Valve that is also a possibility yeah

Yeah it's will very bright I know the holy light is everywhere hiding the things I like to see

@OrcaCat I think it's prohibited for friends/family of slaves to buy them, otherwise any criminal would be set free simply by making his family buy him.

I can't remember it clearly but where did he get so much money from... I don't think the old guy in chp1 gave him more than 100 million golds... or do monsters drop golds after getting killed, or is it his skill Equivalent Exchange? I don't see him selling monster parts to merchants too...

"2 tomatoes and 3 apples, that will be all please."
"Thank you sir, 2531 gold please"
"Well... isn't that a bit expensive?"
"I know it may seems like it sir but please understand. The kingdom was recently stroke with a terrible plague which took down many. As a result, price went up for all daily necessities. And food isn't even the most expensive you know. Didn't you see the trees around the town?"
"What's wrong with the trees?"
"Could you tell me Sir which season we are in?"
"Well summer is about to start, but what's the matter?"
"No leaves Sir... there is no leaves on the trees"
"Oh... I guess I'll buy you that salad over there then"

Dex-chan lover
Theory: That noble guy was the one, who blamed the murder on her, to buy her and have his way with her.

Why is everything so expensive? 100 million gold? What??? Why are these 'criminals' so expensive? How do you carry all of that? huh?

@SummerK it probably isn't her price, he just said it so that the other couldn't make a bigger offer, and also probably because of skills and paying for their crimes.
Just my guess tho.

@Rayster "where did he get so much money from" It is not explained at all. One can only assume it is from monster drops. Honestly, with the way story went I'm surprised he didn't simply
disassemble the bandits, as it seems to be an instakill skill that works on anything.

------

Also that merchant is strange.
Here's a weirdo I've never seen before with status I can't appraise, let's entrust friend's daughter to him!
. Doesn't make any sense, as the MC
could be a demon or something worse for all he knows.

Users who are viewing this thread