Gol-tarou is written as 'Go-re-ta-rou' when Lame-kun says it, and Gretal is written 'Go-re-ta-ruu', which isn't nearly as extreme.

Double-page supporter
@DeadlyBubble Using this wording misunderstanding between languages, I want to assume that Semau/Semali(Can't tell if that's a "-u" or a "-li" at the end there) thinks his name is actually Knightgown Raime based on pronunciation. Putting aside that word translation likely isn't perfect in this particular scenario, it would make sense why he thought the name sounded fine. Also, Raime is an actual name that seems to be Old Germanic in nature(based on what I could remember and then looked up online) and likely has similar origins to the name Raymond, and naming one's child Knight-"something"or "Something"-knight isn't that rare(although it is still a fair bit uncommon), so it's not that far fetched of a name.

Alternatively, he thinks that our Mc is actually a Knight and that his first name is Gown, thus Sir Knight Gown(K/night Gown-kun). I know at least one character who named their guild with that word in it, and then took that guild name as their own personal name after the guild was disbanded, so at least one other character shares such a name. :p

Yay it's back \(≧▽≦)/
@Svelandria
So mc- Gon Raime
Golem- Gretal
Wow w(°o°)w that sounds so much better

where is this being published now, cos the RAW link only goes to chapter 3.1?

I believe there should be tl note regarding Gol-tarou as Gretal to avoid confusion on the readers

in Japanese Gol-Tarou it would probably sound like 'Gorutarou' and he misheard it to 'Guretaru' hence 'Gretal', maybe?

4Z8Y0op.png

Go-re-ta-ro-o
Gol(em)tarou (the u is actually prolonged o sound from "ro" here FYI)

Go-re-ta-ru-u
Gretal

As you can see the only difference here is the last vowel

Also my translation note is somehow not included 🤣

Also I just translated it yesterday, I haven't even seen the release candidate and it got released already, that's why

Users who are viewing this thread