If you've ever heard a strong japanese accent speak poor english, Goltorou -> Gretal actually makes perfect sense.

R tends to sound like 'Loo', so it would be "Goltoloo" and "Galootal".

Dex-chan lover
@kaminomikan the ideosyncrasis in the jap language with l/r and vocals after consonants makes that you can write "Gol-tarou" and pronounce it as "Gretal". Its a long shot, but it can happen xD
And yeah, he could misunderstand Gol-tarou for Gretal if he read the name, but he didnt read it but heard it, so its kinda stupid.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ribath
No, no it doesn't. It would only sound better if you didn't know the language. Nemaki Dasai is literally Lame Pajamas. It's the kind of name that would get you picked on at school.

@Owyn
The name of the goddess is actually Goretaruu/Goltaruu/Goltalu/Gretal, the last bit is pronounced slightly differently from Goretarou/Goltarou/Gretalo. This subtle nuance isn't transmitted well between the MC and other people he meets, And frankly its not easy to translate it well either.

But as you may have noticed. MC has horrible naming sense, and I mean horrible. Whether he's always had it this bad or the amnesia made him like this remains to be seen.

Dex-chan lover
@Belkin Wait, what? Please tell me the author drops surprise NTR scenes on the reader. I'm in the mood to be surrounded by angry tears.

Users who are viewing this thread