A 5000-Year Old Herbivorous Dragon, Stuck with the Title "Dragon of Evil" ~ Oh Dear, This Sacrifice Just Won't Listen ~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 19 - On Whose He…

Dex-chan lover
@sketches
Information from the novel.

Essentially Jaryuu is a genuine harmless herbivore dragon. The image of evil Jaryuu people think of him thanks for some funny misunderstandings is the source of Reiko power. In that world, image = magic. For hundreds of years his false image as a fearsome powerful dragon manifest into a real magic power just like how people thought of him.

Originally it should be Jaryuu power, but because he didn't acknowledge the existence of evil and powerful Jaryuu people think of him, the power is no one's. It just floats in the air, until Reiko acknowledged herself as evil Jaryuu's kin. So the power move to her rather than to the dragon.

Spoilers about Reivendia's identity.
Jaryuu Reivendia is the name given to him by the ancestor of the boy in the village. His ancestor used his scary looks to trick people and get their wealth in the name of appeasing the evil dragon. The stories about escalated uncontrollably this in turn let our MC gather power from the fear created from these stories. But since he identifies as a nameless dragon and not Jaryuu Reivendia it is thought that this power didn't really go to him and just gathered and floated around him for a long time and when he gave Reiko the identity of the evil dragons kin the saintess thought that this was the source of her power. I don't think that this is all there is to it though as this being a scam is their speculation and isn't something that was directly written and there are also some mysteries behind the MC's past before and after being seen as the evil dragon. One mystery is that one of the superiors of the demon lord faction said ‘If the Evil Dragon says so, I guess he is?’ which indicate that they are familiar with him and I don't think that they would mistake him for someone else. Another mystery is that his former master, that was known as the God of Appraisal, seemed to have seen some value in the MC 4900 years ago. There's also the fact that he grew that way even though in the beginning he was just a regular lizard kept as emergency food supply by humans.

Dex-chan lover
@Kllick could you imagine if this is how our world worked but a certain concentration of belief has to exist in an area for the image to come to reality. Kinda like local monsters lol

Dex-chan lover
Based on the spoilers in the comments, what you guys are saying is that
if Jaryuu Reivendia acknowledges himself as the legendary dragon, he would actually become said legendary dragon?
That's pretty fucking epic.

Also, the good news is that we finally know whether the king is a dude or a dudette.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the spoilers of the ln-wn? his background story is funny and epic at the same time..

Oh wow, the more of this I read, the wackier the story gets. Sometimes it's so wacky, my jaw is just left hanging.

Dex-chan lover
page 22 : her hair turns into a question mark " ? " .

page 25 :
- everyone , lets jump on top of our ex-king 's body and gang-bang her .

page 32 : " and im his foremost kin " . at 1st glance , i mis-read this as " and im his foreskin " , lol .

page 34 : lucky dragon , he is wrestling on the ground with a cute girl , and his left arm is touching her b00bs and her crotch .

last page : i bet that the new person is a female , because 90 % of important characters in this manga are female .

a hoodie , a coat , a mask , and an X mark . her edgy costume remind me of this guy :

https://mangadex.org/title/19657/zannen-jokanbu-black-general-san

3.png

Users who are viewing this thread