A Capable Maid - Ch. 31

we literally just had a couple chapters of the characters being in masks and recognizing each other so i really don’t get why she can’t recognize him without one 😭 how does she not recognize his build and hair and eye color? also does he not use the same voice? it seems like the guards recognize him since they were uncomfortable... idk, when he was the only one wearing a mask her not recognizing him was passable, but now that we see she CAN recognize other people in masks it’s kinda weird.

I don't understand how characters in these stories are not able to recognize others just because of a mere object like mask or glasses

Fed-Kun's army
I was listening to calm/relaxing piano music while reading this and then I imagined what was she playing on that broken piano.

Wow a webtoon series finally did the "taciturn ml smiles for once" well, it's a miracle!

I'm pretty sure the Western King has called him Ran before in front of Marie, back when they were investigating the fire. Just sayin'....

Fed-Kun's army
@genericlinic Agreed. Can't believe so many people forgot how she met him without the mask at the same time as she met the duke-knight, and several more times after that.

......i need water
omfg
now i know why the author take such a long time to uncover his face
such perfection (of a delicacy) must be taken care of veryyy seriously

okay just tbh i have terrible memory so i don't remember if his face's already uncovered before....

Dex-chan lover
It's a date! But damn... that holy light. My eyes are blinded
Many thanks

I also find it a bit odd that she can't seem to recognize the prince without his mask, but I suppose you can interpret it as more than by appearance, she doesn't recognize him as a person. Marie lives in deep fear and dread of the prince. He's an existence she wants to avoid if at all possible so she probably doesn't even look at him that carefully, and he can be easily recognized in terms of his clothes, mask, and entourage. The guy she met in the woods, she met as just one person to another without having the filter of who he is or his status. So while it may be a bit of a stretch, it may be hard for her to mentally reconcile the person she met with the prince she fears.

It also probably helps that she hasn't been particularly curious about either. She's not reading into them or analyzing them in a way that would better help her to pick up on the clues that they're the same person.

wait i dont get how she cant tell thats the prince when his mask is off... that mask only covers like 1/6 of his face LMAO.

his face is blinding me lmao

the art style is too pretty!!! I cannot stress enough how good it looks!
thanks for the translation🙇🏻‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread