A Capable Maid - Ch. 31

@mistyketchum I wonder how long the novel is? We're practically done with the talents she already wished for and are left with 3-4 left
Arts and crafts (her sculpting skill is definitely one of these, but that leaves the other one)
Archery (definitely curious on what kind of situation forces her to learn this)
Dancing (honestly, we should've gotten this last chapter. Even if it was a masquerade ball, it was still a freakin' ball)
and the general "helping people" (where it might be an open free cheat later or something that helps her be a good ruler)

Dex-chan lover
Man, I wish this manhwa updated more with the raws :p but so nice we have caught up and yay for saving our cute Marie!

I really like how well thought out this story is. When the prince was looking for Marie and I thought she might develop some powers but just thought it'd kind of boring that way. But then I saw she didn't and moreover she fell on the ground. Not in the arms of the prince. That's what sealed the deal for me. I love this story. It was mediocre at first but it just keeps on getting better.

Dex-chan lover
He is gonna SULK like a scolded child when she goes back to terrified of him and acting like a kicked puppy in the palace. Unless he's too busy with public order reforms to notice.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Then after this impromptu date, he would do a 180 and run away.

woo quarantine.

Dex-chan lover
@genericlinic
I agree with you. Aside from some archery, she has no combat capabilities whatsoever, and currently lacks the 2 most important things to use her archery. I get people want a self-supporting FMC, but come on people. This isn't the kind of story where FMC is some badass combat expert. She is primarily a maid, hence the literal title.

I do find it odd that some people think she could handle them already and that showing gratitude to the prince for saving her is somehow wrong (which also, she does not seem to recognize it is him, or at least does not acknowledge she knows it is him). For 1, what prior to this event has shown her able to save herself from 3 (possibly more) men while being held at knife point and while also wearing heels on a cobblestone road? The answer is that there is not a single event.

2, it is very normal to repay kindness, especially when it is to someone who essentially saved your life. She likely, if left unsaved, would have been either raped, sold as a slave, sold as a sex toy in some underground auction to some perverted merchant, brothel, or noble, tortured, abused (possibly permanently disfigured, scarred, burned, etc...), or any combination of them. All of which end in an early, painful death. So yeah, she is gonna be thankful for his help. She even asked for it. And for those who are saying she is dumb for just going along with him. She knows he does not mean her any worse harm (since he went to the trouble of saving her, even staying around to turn in the criminals), and that he has some level of authority or prestige, since the knights treat him differently than other commoners. So staying with him is almost a guaranteed safe choice. Actually, if anything, it could be worse if she refused. While nothing likely would happen since it is the Prince and all, she does not know this. It could be taken as an insult. It would be essentially her saying "It is only natural to save me, why should I repay you for just doing what is already expected of you?".

Dex-chan lover
I hate the mask cliche
What about his voice, height, hair, eye color. She's not even a little suspicious of him being a relative of the king, she thinks he's a knight though.

Dex-chan lover
I just don't get his process of falling in love with her, it just feels so forced. That's why I support the other guy

Users who are viewing this thread